POLL : Feminized Vs Regular Seeds, what are your thoughts?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Seeds Banks' started by proteus patient, Oct 3, 2010.

1. what does everyone think about Feminized seed Compared to regular, I've heard that Fem. can be Mutants and have been treated with certain chemicals in order to achieve feminization. Is this true? I've also heard that the germination rates are lower than standard seed. So is it worth the price? Is it better buyng 5 Fem. Seed or 10 Reg. if they are the same cost, but from what ive been seeing its actually costs more for the 5 fem than the 10 reg.
    So again, What does everybody think? :confused:

Thanks & Peace
    Proteus

2. :wave: The great debate :p

Some people on here hate femms, its true that almost all the best strains are in regs and come from the best breeders. If I was breeding or looking for the best of the best then it would probably be better to invest in some regs and find a good keeper or two.

If like me you just want to grow the same groovy bud that you smoke in Amsterdam then most of my favorite strains are also in femmed. I like to grow from femmed seeds as you can still find a nice mother and take clones. Also I don't have the space to growing males and Im not growing for seeds. :smoke:

3. If you're just looking to grow some bud then fems are the best. You save on space, soil, nutrients etc and don't have to worry about males. But regular seeds are obviously the best for breeding...

Just depends what you're doing.

4. I'm just trying to find a few good mothers, and then depend on clones (Mostly), are fem. seed just as potent for Moms, or are their genetic properties bad in the long run?
    I have no exp with Feminized seed, i grew a few years ago, before the Fem Seed Craze started, so i have little knowledg of using them.
    Thanks again
    Peace
    ProteuS

5. oh oh here we go.....couldn't resist though...they both have their place...if you cant have males femmed is the way to go of corse..but for finding mothers....i would grow out 20 regs and choose the most robust females and any phenos...just my deuce...peace deacon:smoke: