Poll: Americans Oppose Legalizing Marijuana, Lowering Drinking Age

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Madrid, Mar 20, 2009.

1. Atleast we know 58% of america is ignorant on this subject, and not everyone except MJ users (not talking about kids looking to get high).

2. I call bullshit on that poll.

3. I am an American, I wasn't told about this poll...I love how they say "the majority of americans"

Poll results are so skewed..I don't even need to explain it...the website takes the liberty of tarnishing their own credibility IMO.

This poll was conducted among a random sample of 1142 adults nationwide, interviewed by telephone March 12-16, 2009. Phone numbers were dialed from RDD samples of both standard land-lines and cell phones. The error due to sampling for results based on the entire sample could be plus or minus three percentage points. The error for subgroups is higher.
    This poll release conforms to the Standards of Disclosure of the National Council on Public Polls.

1200 individuals out of 300 million doesn't seem like a fair poll to me.

-C

4. It's just statistical data and is not always very accurate. For example the information could've been taken from a more conservative region.

5. This poll was conducted among a random sample of 1142 adults nationwide, interviewed by telephone March 12-16, 2009. Phone numbers were dialed from RDD samples of both standard land-lines and cell phones. The error due to sampling for results based on the entire sample could be plus or minus three percentage points. The error for subgroups is higher.
    This poll release conforms to the Standards of Disclosure of the National Council on Public Polls.

I do not think it's very far fetched that the majority of Americans do not want it legal. Most are still running in reefer madness mode.

6. #7 lisa11, Mar 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2009
    This poll was conducted among a random sample of 1142 adults nationwide, interviewed by telephone March 12-16, 2009. Phone numbers were dialed from RDD samples of both standard land-lines and cell phones. The error due to sampling for results based on the entire sample could be plus or minus three percentage points. The error for subgroups is higher.

Lisa11

workout programs

7. Oh haha, I should probably read the article before responding.

I think the numbers will change soon enough though.

8. this is really really surprising... i mean all the other polls and stuff have shown completely different. not saying everyone loves weed, but i dont think this could be an accurate representation of what most people think

9. Other studies and polls contradict this.

10. Here's why this survey is NOT accurate.

These questioneers probably first asked a loaded question about whether or not the drinking age should be lowered, which would be considered an immature policy by most adults.

Then, the questioneer follows up with asking the person on the other line, "Should the United States legalize marijuana?" Most likely in a tone that would generate a no response.

I know how this whole game works, and I can play the same game, although I don't want to start calling a bunch of random people.

It's very easy to load a question to obtain a majority yes or no response, and that's what I assume these questioneers did.

11. This is clearly a poll done for the purpose of showing inaccurate data. I wouldn't be surprised if there tiny group of 1,000 nationwide came from more conservative areas.

12. #13 L Rag, Mar 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2009
    Yeah, for real. people are so easy to manipulate if you know how to.

13. Even NORML's commissioned zogby poll puts the majority against legalization

[​IMG]

14. Random polls are the most accurate, actually.

15. Just slightly.

16. So many variables could have influenced the results of this poll. If they called between 8 and 5, most people of an age that would support MJ being legal would be AT WORK. So instead, you have the retired octogenarian set answering the phone. Besides, with today's law enforcement tactics, who would really feel safe any longer answering such questions over the phone? I'd be hesitant to answer any questions, and if I did, I'd probably say I was against it too if I were some grey-haired old lady on the phone.

Wonderful survey. They should print it on TP so we can wipe our arses with it. :rolleyes:

17. Well 58% of america is super-ignorant or pissed off at their kids for repeating their childhood. I forget the exact number, but most of America, more than 58%, has admitted to burnin' before. My feeling is if they've smoked before why would you not want to legalize it. Even if you were not to smoke, it would lessen your taxes and help out a whole lot with the federal deficet. Why wouldn't you want that?

18. This poll looks like bullshit to me. Did anyone else see the poll on youtube where 95% are in favor of legalization? It was on CNN or something like that, and those numbers sound better to me :)

19. They sound better, but if 95% of the country favored legalization than I think we would be a little further up the ladder than we are now.

-C