Politics forum

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by BlazinX1, Apr 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I think that there should be a politics forum made.

Alot of us here have strong opinions over politics, and there are often very spirited discussions on the forums about it. I think it would be great if we made a forum specifically for politics.

Personally I love getting in political discussions with other blades, and would love to see a forum all about this.

Anyone?

2. yeh i\'d be up for it, like a good debate:)

3. Yes but it would be hard for it not to spill over into the general forum. As soon as Bush\'s name is mentioned in any context, it turns political.

4. This is actually something I\'ve wanted for a while. But I think I mentioned it to a mod at one point and they didn\'t think there were enough political threads to constitute an entirely new section, and that the General section worked just fine.

I think it would be a great idea for a few reasons:

- Often a political thread is posted in the General section, and it is ignored because the members who enjoy political discussion aren\'t currently browsing GC.

- There are a number of members who know absolutely nothing about politics, or prefer not to talk about it in a friendly and informative manner. Creating a separate section would be helpful because it would bring all these types of threads together in one place, and allow discussion to continue for those who enjoy it, but not get in the way for those who don\'t.

- We have a Philosophy section, a Music section, a Sports section, a Science section, etc. Why create sections for these subjects but not politics?

5. Well, the main reason we don\'t have one is because Superjoint doesn\'t want a forum specifically for politics. This, after all, is his baby and he\'s shot the idea down many times.

Really, for now, political threads should go in the Box simply because they do get so heated and are controversial.

(Keep in mind that the Box isn\'t a place where the forum rules no longer apply.)

6. Ah... well if SJ is against it then I guess it\'s a moot point. At least I know it\'s a decision he\'s made and not just something that the mods/admins haven\'t gotten around to.

Does that include any political thread at all? I wasn\'t aware that this was the policy now...

7. Yes, news and politics should definitly be confined to one area, it would be much easier for people who just aren\'t in the mood for it all..

8. well theres a forum solely for new pictures,

and yet not one single post has been made in said forum.

we dont need more forums.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.