politically correct

Discussion in 'General' started by tehpurplepills, Aug 24, 2011.

1. so does anyone use words such as retard, gay that are considered politically incorrect?

i got in an arguement with my teacher because i said if i can say the word straight, i should be able to say the word gay because it is a lifestyle, and if you think it is offensive you think gay meens a bad thing, but i never said it meens a bad thing.

same with retard, ive sayd thats retarded and she says its offensive to retards....

alright idk bout your definiton of what retarded meeans but i think most of them rlly cant understand whats happening. i said how can i say stupid, dumb, ignorant if that is also what somebody is. how is being truly dumb any more a choice then being retarded?
    being retarded is bad, idk anyone whod choose to be retarded by choice, so why cant it meen bad?

idk just your thoughts on this, im on my last BOWL of reg so i gotta entertain myself

2. if you weren't smoking reggie you'd realize those words aren't very nice

3. Yes, I am always politically incorrect. Political correctness is the pussification of our language. One of my favorite shows used to be Politically Incorrect.

To be honest, I don't care about what anyone's definition is of gay or retarded, because I have a right to say whatever I want and be offensive as much as I want. I don't care about offending people. That's the problem with people these days, they are worried about offending the wrong people, and everyone always seems to be offended about something. You have a right to be offended, but I have the right to not give a shit.

I feel like my right to say anything I want is more important than someone's desire to not be offended.

4. of course, why would i use nice words to describe a bad situations?

5. honestly can't answer without offending so gunna stick to this post... ;p

6. #6 cougheee, Aug 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2011

Haha George Carlin :smoking:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7iU4ymgKxA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7iU4ymgKxA[/ame]

7. #7 tehpurplepills, Aug 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2011
    oh yes and the most UNBELIAVABLE part of it was my teacher saying i have to refrain from saying those because everybody else in the classroom has the right to a safe learning invironment. and i would be in trouble if i kept it up

ok thats not even a humanright, and if i was words arent dangerous... but i digress,

in actuality she is using a light form or terrorism to silence my beleifs, i said so and got sent to the office haha (threatening with consequences if i did not abandon my freedom of speech)

whenever people give me shit for new words, or different definitons i use i always say, thou art but ignorant. they usually say they dont know what i meen and i say exactly, because those words are no longer in use, theve been replaced and expanded

8. I agree with you OP but for different less retarded reasons.

Oh you see what I did thar?

9. Maybe you should use some of these words on yourself.

10. I dont care, I use alot of 'em

11. expand and explain, and if i made a mistake im happy for you to correct it. its how i learn

12. I mainly have issue with this and you are doing this in school. Teacher's are forced to act that way about these words.

I agree with you that they are just words and all we do when we say you can't say certain words. Is that we add a stigma to the word that offends sensitive people.

13. You sound like you're a freshman in high school, but I think a freshman would even have better grammar.

I love George Carlin. He is the source of a lot of my views. The whole thing goes on for at least an hour I think, you should look that up if you haven't already.

14. Political correctness is not something I abide by. I'll say what I want when I desire, if someone is offended by my words or actions, that's on them.

I don't tell people what they can and can't say and I expect the same from them.

15. It slang/language man.
    Language is changing everyday.

If you wanna get technical, weed is not marijuana, it's just a plant, but language has changed so that weed is marijuana.