Police..

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by esauftw, Mar 28, 2012.

1. Okay so me and girlfriend were driving to fetch some dinner last night and we heard some sirens behind us so naturally I pulled over to the side and let them through, but they pulled in behind us. This oldish cop walks to the side of my window asks me if the car is stolen. I said no of course not and he says there is a bad smell of cannabis coming from the vehicle so he tells me and my girlfriend to get out of the car. At this point I was a bit shocked because I haven't had any weed since last Saturday and I haven't smoked in the car for a few weeks so I knew he was talking bullshit. Anyway so I start emptying my pockets and he aggressively tells me to stop and then shoves his hands in to check hisself.

Then he asks me when the last time I was arrested was and I'm like.. I've never been arrested lol. So he starts searching the car frantically. Throwing stuff every where whilst he goes and then in the glovebox was a broken electric grinder that ive had in there for at least a year. He grabs the grinder and says the smell must be coming from this. I had to try really hard not to laugh at this guy. He then says that I should grow up and stop using drugs because they will ruin my life. He asked me why I used weed and my response was, "why do you drink alcohol? " and he just gave me a dickish look and said "well, alcohol isn't illegal." I didn't want to get into an argument with the guy about weed and legalization so I just shrugged at him.

At this point he's obviously found no drugs and the only thing he's got was a broken grinder. He then takes me to his car and tells me the next time he stops me and I have weed on me even £1 worth he will seize the vehicle and the minimum fine will be £500. This got me the most because in the UK I know for a fact that the most that would happen for under 1 oz would be a road side caution.

Anyway this guy was a total cunt for no apparent reason, just because he could "smell cannabis" I was more than compliant with him and I purposely avoided any confrontation because I knew where that would end.

I'm so glad I left my weed at home, not because I would have been caught but because I didnt want to give this prick the satisfaction of catching somebody with some. I can only assume he realised there was no weed as soon as he approached the car and then decided to make his
    Point out of embarrassment.

2. Jeeezus ahhha fuck cops sometimes. They seriously have nothing bettter to do.....

3. fuck da po po!

4. I didn't even have a cig on or anything. I honestly don't know how they could claim it smelt anything like bud. He said "if you smoke it though, you're not going to be able to smell it." my girlfriend doesn't smoke it so his point is invalid and after a few days of not smoking I doubt he's going to smell it on my clothes as we drive past his patrol car with our and his windows closed. Such horseshit.

5. Woah. He searched your car for no Reason? Shoulda gotten his badge number.

6. lol, im not sure how it works in the UK... but here, if the cop pulls you over for, let say, suspecting your car is stolen, and it isnt, and he then asks to search your car

you say no, ask if you are being arrested, they say no, you then say, im going to leave now... and you do

That cop could have smelled all sorts of things in my car, if i didnt have anything, id tell him to get a k9 or get the fuck off my case, i know my car is clean, if i had bud it would be in my backpack in the trunk, but if i knew i didnt, id make him go out of his way to find out i didnt, or let me go lol

7. This is the thing I'm not sure where I stood with the law. I told him the grinder was there before he found it and he didn't look in the boot which I thought was funny because If I was carrying enough for him to smell it as I drove past I'd have put It in the boot. Boot = trunk btw.

I was thinking about reporting him for harassment because the way he went about it made me angry at the time. We both have no previous and no reason for him to even suspect us of having bud on us. I have his name because I remembered it from his shoulder tag thing.

The thing is, he probably did that to 20 other people that day so would anything even come off it. I'd love to see pricks like that burn because he's not fucking helping people, he's just a power hungry wanker in a uniform giving people grief.

8. [quote name='"esauftw"']This is the thing I'm not sure where I stood with the law. I told him the grinder was there before he found it and he didn't look in the boot which I thought was funny because If I was carrying enough for him to smell it as I drove past I'd have put It in the boot. Boot = trunk btw.

I was thinking about reporting him for harassment because the way he went about it made me angry at the time. We both have no previous and no reason for him to even suspect us of having bud on us. I have his name because I remembered it from his shoulder tag thing.

The thing is, he probably did that to 20 other people that day so would anything even come off it. I'd love to see pricks like that burn because he's not fucking helping people, he's just a power hungry wanker in a uniform giving people grief.[/quote]

Something may come of reporting him, especially if he did that to a bunch of other people. Because the way he went about it seems incorrect.

9. say what???

10. When I say had, I refer to smoking.

I just checked the laws in the UK and they are allowed to search your car and your person. He took our names as addresses which I didn't have to give up, so I wish I had refused just to be a dick back.

11. Do you have paraphernalia laws? If so that grinder coulda fucked your day up even more. I'd say you got a lucky break.

and fuck the fuzz

12. Wait...so you hadn't had weed since Saturday but after all is said and done you're glad you left your weed at home?

13. Sounds like the dude was fiending hard.:hello: