Police State Thread

Discussion in 'Politics' started by HongKongPhooey, Sep 2, 2017.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  1. The police are pretty bad. Hell, the majority of people are bad. At least there are some good ones out there helping with the hurricane relief, so not all cops are bad they are told what to do and just follow orders. Want to know where the real corruption is? It's in the government and big companies. We pay our officials too much money and where there is money to be made there is evil to be found.

2. The cops are an extension of government, they're state sanctioned gangs. Officers are officials lmao.

People in Arkansas and Tennessee are helping with the hurricane effort. There's nice people everywhere too.

With all that tax money the cops should be helping the people regardless

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. You can't generalize every police officer based on the shitty ones. That's the same as generalizing any other group of people based on stereotypes.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Yeah but with that power comes abuse. Many cant handle it well, and every cop is trained to kill.

5. Police here in the UK are bad I've been stopped once by police in 24 years one of my friends who happens to be black is the same age as me and gets stopped regularly by police and he's got a clean record

• Like Like x 1
  6. It's unfortunate but you can't get around the fact that black males are committing crime/violent crime at disproportional rates when compared to everyone else both here (UK) and the US. Makes sense if that's the case really.

Race and crime in the United Kingdom - Wikipedia

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1

7. Yeah tbh 90% of black people I know have committed one crime or another lol

8. Yes you can when a police officer is sworn in he swears to uphold all the laws some are immoral and wrong and they know it.so all cops on some level are bad cops there are no good cops....

9. i just wonder if it's a self-fulfilling prophecy.

10. 100% of everyone I know has broken a law

That's a nonsense point hahaha

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. #12 Moemedical, Sep 2, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
    i didn't say all were good. There are plenty of bad ones. My point is you can't say it's ok to generalize a group because the individual is a ________. Fill in the blank with any government job or color and see how peoples perception changes. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of all this unnecessary violence and I don't like interacting with cops.

Edit: personally for me, it's like saying all pit bulls are automatically bad dogs because they're pit bulls, or all stoners are lazy idiots because they smoke, or all black people are criminals and deserved it because they're black, or all Americans hate Mexico because trump is the president. It's not the group one belongs to, it's the individual within the group

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. :rolleyes: This would go well in your All Black People....... thread.

IMG_0274.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  13. #15 jimihendrix42, Sep 2, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2017