Police State: Man charged with gun possesion felony, had concealed carry license could get 8 years prison

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Deleted member 472633, Jul 11, 2013.

1. What would you label Obama as?

2. He's whatever he needs to be.  Good, American politicians have always been that way.  They have no set ideology, the only thing they believe in is power.  And by good, I meant successful.

3. http://obamaisaliberal.com/
    Also, for the record, it doesn't matter if he is Liberal or Conservative. He is not good for America. It's not a left or right problem anymore. 

4. You're idea is 100% false. Some think Obama is a statist and have a right to think so, but there isn't just one kind of statist.

If you can't honestly say that Obama is more to the left, or more liberal, which is what has guided most of his decisions in terms of immigration, positions on welfare and benefits, limiting our industrial output and resources, then you are blind. He is liberal.

There can be conservative or liberal statesmen. There can be statesmen who consolodiate or expand bureaucracy. Obama happens to be a liberal expander of bureaucracy and legislation, he hasn't simplified one thing. Many can argue that Obama is destroying the state and lessening its power.

Just because he supports things like drone strikes, black box event data recorders be installed in all new cars in the US, and other measures deemed orwellian, does not mean he is no longer liberal and threw liberalism out the window. He is the most liberal president America has ever had. If you consider Obama - one who has failed the state, increased it's deficits, and lessened its power - a statist; I wonder what you would call a statist who actually gets things done and isn't so liberal? A Fascist / authoritarian? Almost every American President could likely have been argued to be a statist in some form or another.

All I'm saying is that Obama is way more of a liberal than a statist. Why do you think he is NOT a liberal but a complete statist?

What I'm saying goes beyond labels.  He's a crafty politician.  The most successful politicians don't have set political ideologies, they adapt to what is necessary to stay in power.  Obama's actions have mirrored liberals, conservatives, neo-cons, and various statist philosophies at different times.  At the top of the food chain it's all about power, not following political labels.  Calling a politician with that much power, that rose to power that quickly by a set political label is naïve. 

6. Theu shoulda given him a warning and time to renew his registration. Treating innocents like criminals is not justified just because the las is absolute...

Yea the man shoulda been more responsible, but seriously....

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. Nothing happened, the case was dropped, stop crying about it.  

" . . . doing his duty, according to the law."

You mean like these guys?

[​IMG]

9. #69 garrison68, Jul 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2013
    Godwin's Law.   

10. Except for the fact that it isn't "the law". The actual law, that is, the law of the land, is the Constitution, which states that his right to bear arms "shall not be infringed". He has the right to carry what he wants, when he wants, where he wants. Anything else, is bullshit, just like the bullshit pig that arrested him outside of the actual law.

11. The Attorney General issued a warrant.   He was not arrested for the gun at the time he was stopped for speeding.  

He's an idiot, and makes gun owners look bad.  

The reason for a gun permit is because there are criminals and insane people who should not own them.

Well there's still plenty of criminals around who have guns, but no permit.

How the fuck are they getting them? :confused:

13. If I knew the answer as to where they're getting them, I wouldn't say.