Police seize 150 marijuana plants, handguns, bombs in dispensary raids near Battle Creek

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by xdog, Jun 27, 2013.

1. By Aaron Mueller | amuelle1@mlive.com<span>The Kalamazoo Gazette</span>
    Follow on Twitter
    on June 27, 2013 at 10:55 AM, updated June 27, 2013 at 10:59 AM

SPRINGFIELD, MI -- Police raided three marijuana dispensaries near Battle Creek Wednesday, seizing 150 marijuana plants, seven handguns, ammunition and improvised explosive devices.

Investigators with the Southwest Michigan Enforcement Team (SWET) raided three businesses in the city of Springfield that are suspected of the illegal sales of marijuana under the front of a medical marijuana dispensary, according to a news release.

The raids come after several months of investigation, police say. Investigators seized 2.5 kilograms of processed marijuana and 150 plants in the dispensaries. Police also seized seven handguns, 57,000 rounds of ammunition and 21 improvised explosive devices (IEDs) at the homes of the suspects, who live in Kalamazoo and Barry Counties.

The Michigan State Police Bomb Squad removed and disposed of the IEDs.

SWET is working with Calhoun County prosecutors in filing charges against the business owners and employees.

I read the weed news everyday and I've seen some pretty strange things, but IEDs???  :eek:

2. This is a shame and it's the government who creates these problems by furthering their drug war agenda! If it was more tightly regulated and not illegal by federal law there'd be less of a market and therefore less need to do this back alley bullshiiiiit

Uhhh if these guys were running a legit business to begin with, none of this would have even happened. Those IEDs are going to fuck them over pretty good. Why would a legitimate dispensary owner need 57,000 rounds of ammo and 21 IEDs? Probably because they weren't legitimate and were dealing with very dangerous/violent criminals. (This is Michigan) 

4. Yeah it sucks on all accounts :( Im probably going to make a topic about this after I'm blitzed, but I wish there was a legitimate community of ppl over 21 (I guess in CO for now...) that were smart and could show the world an ideal system for cannabis use. If the right regulations were made and shown to work I think this hypothetical community would show all the possibilities for the good hemp can do as food/industrial crop and the nicer females would show sooooooo much promise in the medical/recreational dept as a crop. Science cannot be thwarted for long guys!

Ps I got back on grass city to spread this idea through the lawn to all you blades out there :)