Police scanners

Discussion in 'General' started by noidea24, Mar 13, 2012.

1. I recently traded 3gs of some vicious kush for a kenwood th-k2 transceiver ( thats the name it says on startup).

Everytime i hold 'vfo' to scan i cant pickup anything. So does anyone know the frequency that houston county, GA uses? Specifically centerville?

I know it works because i have seen/heard it pickup not that far from where i live now.

2. LOL you bought an amateur radio handheld and was told it was a police scanner..

..Google "Ham" or "Amateur" "Radio" you got screwed.

LOL wow

3. The biggest problem you will have is that unit is analog.. most systems have already gone digital... you may get tow trucks and shit that haven't upgraded..:eek:

4. Damn that sucks OP go get yo weed back hombre.

5. brush it off champ

6. #6 vespathug, Mar 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2012
    I know Cherokee county GA is still analog but a lot are digital now so you probly wont hear shit. You could probly program some Ham frequencies in it and talk to people but you have to get a license first.
    Edit: nevermind you don't have what I thought you have, like the above guy said you have a handheld VHF or uhf radio, its pretty much useless unless you want to get a license and talk to hams. If your county is analog you can get little police scanners at truck stops n shit for pretty cheap.

Those radios are expensive though so I would just sell it if I were you

7. Radioreference.com or scanner radio app on android

8. Cherokee county fuck yeah :ey:

9. There's apps for police scanners now...you can listen to pretty much any city's police/fire/rescue, sometimes smaller areas as well, depends where people have their scanners setup and streaming from

10. [quote name='"reigninblood"']There's apps for police scanners now...you can listen to pretty much any city's police/fire/rescue, sometimes smaller areas as well, depends where people have their scanners setup and streaming from[/quote]

Two posts up....

11. [quote name='"Spaced"']

Two posts up....[/quote]

I was elaborating, as android isn't the only system with scanner apps.

12. Indeed it is not, 5-0 Radio is a good iOS scanner app.

13. [quote name='"Bladerunner"']Indeed it is not, 5-0 Radio is a good iOS scanner app.[/quote]

That's the app I use...no scanners for my suburb in the app, but I get to listen to Chicago so it's all good lol

14. This ***** probably pissed.