Police scanner

Discussion in 'Security' started by cookiekiller, Apr 12, 2013.

1. So a few buddies have police scanners and heard about a raid that's going to happen this week but havent heard where. The grow is in a hidden spot, but is indoors at a random location. Any suggestions plants are 3 weeks into veg, room without heat light can be 60. No smell yet obviously....

2. What are you even asking?

I doubt those police scanners pick up anything considered confidential.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Just wait and see what's happening. If they're gonna bust a place then they already have a warrant, have constant surveillance and know everyone who goes in and out.

If you wanna tear down your plants and hopefully save your gear then be careful with the scanner, (the Internet says) using it to facilitate a crime is illegal and will only hurt your case if you do get busted.

I do highly doubt they would talk about it on open air waves, unless they're just trying to scare people or loose lipped like every other gossip queen that has bragged about who they know that grows or who's screwing who at work.

For three weeks veg you haven't lost much. You could tear them up just in case and cut your losses or just leave them be. If you're small you're probably not even on their radar and they're not busting you. So probably leave em up and see what happens.

4. Another risk assessment thing man..how big is your light, is it central to the house, where are you venting your heat? (Can they pick up anything on IR? If you have solid walls protecting it and aren't dumping your heat directly outside they can't). Is your electric bill reasonably high (high but easily explainable for any number of reasons usually a few to several hundred bucks a mo but not more) for your area or is it asininely high?

Pay attention to you surroundings...attention to details..take 10 min to hang out on the porch and look your hood over every day, soak in and pay attention to details, like what cars are parked where, which houses are occupied, who are you mail/fedex/ups people, what does the ice cream guy look like?? Remember that kind of shit so that way when somethings not right it stands out.

And be honest with yourself...you will know if your doing risky shit that could have exposed you, if you did pack it up for a bit and sit tight.

5. walk around your neighbrhood and see if theres suspicious people in cars.

6. Scanners are only going to pick up traffic divisions and general public safety. The only reason they are still on radio is to communicate with public recovery vehicles.
    Stings/raid movements and such use a encrypted digital networks.

• Winner Winner x 1

7. Cops dont have to "stakeout" like you see in the movies.
    Just have to place a camera or two and sit at home in their underwear and collect evidence.

8. Yea...usually ICOM's ...even seen some using MBITR's....like wow....overkill much???:rolleyes:

Yea.....everyone carries a bug around already.
    [​IMG]

all they haz to do is turn it on and wait..

9. Sometimes.

Apple's iMessage encryption trips up feds' surveillance

10. I just dealt with a rumor here too. Rumors are usually bullshit. Not that yours is. But until today no one had access to any scanners because of the chase going on. When the rumor hit my hood. I started walking out around the block every day and night. They count on us not knowing we are watched they'll sit across the street. If you have a clue. It's pretty easy to spot em.

11. Where I am the cops do all their regular talking on the regular channel. Then you'll hear them say. Go to channel zero or channel one. That's the channel regular scanners won't pick up.

12. 7 years later: I would like to know how this story ended :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. He should be out in another 2 for good behavior

• Like Like x 1
  14. #14 alexsandro22, Nov 8, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
    It's really interesting, how police scanners can pick up something like that? Sounds a little bit weird
    As I know nowadays police use idscan products to verificate personality or person's age, but I am not sure they used this tech back in 2013 or even earlier. No doubt that modern high-tech devices are capable to scan anything and it make me feel unsafety at all :D

15. Probably a couple cops messing around. Looking for people running from their houses with trash bags in panic mode lol