Police pulling people over for proof of insurance in VA

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by s3v loves you, Dec 27, 2011.

1. Apparently cops in Virginia are now allowed to pull you over for no reason other than to check you have proof of insurance. Isn't this a complete violation of rights?

I'm not trying to be a conspiracy theorist or something, but this is absolutely ridiculous. Looks like no more smoking in the car for me :(

2. Cop cars around here have a device that scans license plates and checks to see if it has warrants or no insurance. It can check every car it passes

3. in my rural small town the cops pull you over if it is past 11 and you have 3 people in your car.

4. Where is this, I am not sure I believe it.

5. Show me what a police stare looks like! This is what a police state looks like!

Start standing up for your freedoms, join your local occupy.

6. Whether or not you have insurance is not registered in the license plate...

edit: in any state

7. maybe if you already got a ticket for driving without insurance he means... that would most likely be on there lol

8. [quote name='"mandrin13"']

Where is this, I am not sure I believe it.[/quote]

Houston.

9. [quote name='"mushroomsatsuji"']

Houston.[/quote]

yeah they have them in some of the cities up here in ohio too. shit is real.

10. They have them here in az too. Alot of under covers too. A mazda with a computer man in it was behind me a week or two ago.

11. Most forces in the UK have it.

So I believe him.

And they don't need proof to pull someone over, they already have it. Its an idiot's game now trying to drive without a licence or insurance over there.

12. Yup they have them here in Holland too.
    One time I was in a parking lot eating KFC with some friends and as I drove away a cop car came and pulled me over, they said it was a routine stop and they checked my drivers licence and insurance. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have done that if I was just driving down the road. I guess 3 guys with caps on in a parking lot at 11 pm looks suspicious.

13. I live in MO and they have random DUI/Insurance checkpoints all the time around here. Fucking ridiculous if you ask me. I don't care how many drunks they catch, it is bullshit they can stop and search you for no reason. Just another way for those pigs to generate easy revenue for them, and they don't have to do their real job, you know catching criminals.

14. [quote name='"BuffaloSoljah"']Whether or not you have insurance is not registered in the license plate...

edit: in any state[/quote]

Actually it is in Florida.

15. You guys crack me up. Just because the LAW makes it illegal doesn't make it the Cops fault that they have to enforce it. That belongs to the legislation.

16. [quote name='"zoomme"']You guys crack me up. Just because the LAW makes it illegal doesn't make it the Cops fault that they have to enforce it. That belongs to the legislation.[/quote]

Oh lord I'm having flashbacks of the "fuck the police" thread

17. they have this in texas too, kinda bs but wtf we gonna do

18. The real question is, Do you want people you love exposed to assholes that drive without a valid license or insurance. I've heard that 30 to 40 % of drivers in S. Florida have no license or insurance...

19. I just googled that shit :eek:

20. [quote name='"jmick"']The real question is, Do you want people you love exposed to assholes that drive without a valid license or insurance. I've heard that 30 to 40 % of drivers in S. Florida have no license or insurance...[/quote]

thats cuz florida sucks.