Police in the dorms

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Ottomatic, Oct 5, 2009.

1. I left a quick summary at the end
    Ok, I have a story and just want to know what kind of actions the police can take and or the school. I now realize we could have been smarter about this, and call me a dumb ass if you like, its true.

So our story begins with a call from two a my friends attending a MU, in Pennsylvania. They wanted to me to come up and had asked me to bring some bud. So I did so yesterday afternoon. No need for details we went out at 8 baked in my car and then came back to there dorm. We then met up with another friend of theirs (now 5 of us), we jumped in my car and did it all again. After about an hour long bake, the cookies were done so we went back to the dorm. I leave a lil bit of left over weed and my massive pipe in my car. We hung out for no more then half an hour and someone goes to pee and leaves the door open!! So some random girl comes in and mumbles something and leaves. I thought she was just talking about the guitar hero we were playing.

Next thing we know we here "that knock", the one you know nothing good is going to come from.

My friend "T" answers the door and its the police, my heart starts pumping and soberness came quick after. He says it smells like weed and says it is obvious that we weren't all smoking and says not everyone is Pie Eyed, and looks directly at me. lol He then takes both my friends out one after the other and trys to get them to throw the blame on someone. He then has me come out wearing the jacket I BAKED IN! He asks me where i am staying and checks my pockets. Writes my info from my license and leaves.

We denied everything even though it was so VERY obvious we had smoked. They had nothing in their room so there was no reason to tell the truth.

People start appearing at he door and are just blown away by the smell. :p and said i was the worst :(

Summary: Visit friends at another college, go bake for an hour, come back to dorms, cop shows up wondering if we were smoking marijuana in the room. all stuff is in my car just outside the dorm, and writes our information down.

1) We should have covered the bottomo of door with towel and made sure the door was shut, like always.

2) Me and the other guy there never took our sweatshirts we baked in off.

3) We didn't spray much febreeze

4) Im a dumbass

My questions are:

1) What could the school do since they had nothing in there room?

2) I live 2 hours away, in a different county, can the police send out something and have my dorm room searched or my car? or

3) What kind of consequences are there for possesion of a used pipe for first time offenders? (I also live in Pennsylvania)

2. 1) nothing...they dont have a way to prove your high unless they trick u into saying u are and there was nothing illegal present...in this case i would deny deny deny
    2) NO
    3)idk about PA but in mass it could be up to a 1000 fine and a misdemeanor (lol to anyone who thinks decriminalization cancels this out...unfortunately in mass u can be arrested for drug paraphanelia which would be a bowl thats used for weed, but not arrested for weed lol)

3. 1. nothing.
    2.police won't waste their time and money doing that
    3.where i am its a misdemeanor for anything under 28g and paraphernalia and just a fine

4. #4 bronco, Oct 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2009

1. If none of you admitted to smoking, nothing. They can't write you up if you don't admit to anything.

2. No. They probably could have the paperwork they filed on you guys sent to your school if you told them where you go, but then again I doubt it. Too much effort, they definitely don't give enough of a shit to take that time out of their schedules to notify your school.

3. Paraphrenalia possesion. It's a misdemeanor or a civil penalty I believe.

For future reference, the police can't search through your shit in your dorm room. They CAN go into anything the school owns, such as dressers, desks, closets, etc. But anything that is yours, like a duffel bag, they cannot lawfully open. Oh, and though nothing happened, your freinds need to be careful. Their RA must know about this by now, meaning that their room is now being watched much more closely. What you need to remember is that living in a dorm puts you in close proximity to people who don't smoke, which means they can detect the smell much easier. I've had people come into my room and tell me it smells when I was only rolling a joint.

If you have any more questions, feel free to shoot me a PM.

5. Hey thanks for the info guys. I am much more relaxed now.
    They dont and wont have anything in there rooms, for the rest of the year, and i am keeping my pipe away and everything else for a few weeks.