police heli detection

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Eric9985, May 3, 2010.

1. i live in ohio and im planning on planting tomorrow. i am just worried about helicopters. i have a good spot in the woods right behind an amish field that im trying to plant about 6 plants there. then on my property im trying to plant about 5. on my property im planting them by a crick where the only way cops would find them is if a heli came by. how do i hide them from the heli? and whats the max number in one area that a heli wouldnt notice? thanks for the help:D

2. #2 swollenblunts, May 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2010

I live in ohio 2.. I dont think u would have any problems with 5 or 6 plants on ur property and 5 or 6 behind the field.. now if u had a whole marijuana field then i would be worried. how often do u see or hear helicopters above ur house

3. i only remember a few times last year and so far none this year. im just worried haha

4. I would only be worried if I was planting in a national Forrest or, in a place that has/had a shit load of out door grows. Another thing is that, that many plants is very hard to pick out from a Forrest. The people that get busted have a field of Marijuana that is easily spotted.

5. be careful 3-4 plants it for recreation meaning only for yourself.and anything above is a commercial grower that is growing to sell

6. Do what I used to do, go find non-shiney-flat colored red christmas tree bulbs and hang em on your plant, that way heli's think it's tomatoe.

7. i got 9 plants growin outdoors right now, the thing is my grandparents run a nursery selling orchids and bonsai and tons of other plants so i think its safe lol. ive heard that police helis use UV detectors to find plants taht are flowering because the trichromes reflect light or some shit, im not sure if its 100% accurate, jsut something i heard lol

8. Marijuana plants just exorbe alot of sun and they use heat radar.

9. i myself am a sketch ball with the piggies flyin around the sky. this years gonna be my first outdoor grow and i have zero clue on how they do there shit. i've heard many rumors that they cant pick up that maany plants so you need like an excess of 5 plants close by to even set off any detection. where i live ive had choppers sit and hover over my house before and it makes me run around like a nut worryin about shit. ive got 9 plants in pots scatterd around my property and even in my front yard less than 20 feet from the street. im not worried just yet about the choppers but later on durin august is when they will be out n about

10. I must admit, I've come to the conclusion that the only way they can spot an outdoor plant is by actually seeing it. I've read all the internet gossip about all the different ways they can use thermal to find outdoor plants, but I've seen no hard evidence. I think somewhere along-the-line a story had gotten told by someone without the proper facts, maybe not differentiating the indoor/ outdoor for lack of knowledge. So this story gets passed around, paranoid growers hear it, and the yarn manifest itself. Maybe somebody can show me some hard facts....., or not.

11. yea thats a good point man, all i hear are stories, no real evidence, i was watching a video on DEA raids and it says they look for clues that show where grow sites are, they didnt really use any technology to find it

12. I've been researching the so-called "distinctive marijuana heat signature" myth, and I've come to the conclusion that it's a sort of a frankenstein story. Helicopters can have thermal vision cameras, those are used to actually find indoor grows. Those badass 1000w light setups, while grow some dank bud, also give a shit ton of heat (duh?). Since there is only, to my knowledge, either more heat or less heat, and not different types, then I doubt the piggies just happen to be able to tell the difference between the heat from a tree and the heat from a mj plant, but it would be able to see a row of nice red in thermal imaging houses, then BAM all the sudden one is bright white. Major red flags for the popo. I'm going to assume the herb does not have any sort of special heat type, though. The cops in the helicopter have to distinguish grow sites from the rest of the greenery by eye. I'm pretty sure someone heard these stories and just combined them.

This is, of course, just from my personal research, and I, in no way, guarantee or promise you won't get busted by some crazy, futuristic radar that makes you pot plants start playing the cops theme song to lead the fuzz to your garden. But I doubt it. If you think you'll get caught, don't grow. It's a pretty simple.:wave:

13. lolwut