Police Encounters

Discussion in 'General' started by bro chillin, Sep 2, 2011.

1. Hello GC, I come to you tonight annoyed and quite frankly fed up, in regards to the cops. First off, I have never been arrested, never had any bad encounters with the cops, never even had any tickets before. I am 100% clean, and I am 18 years old. Tonight was the second time this week that the police have came over to us while me and my two friends were smoking a hookah...which are legal, and not even as bad for you as cigs. Both times, the cops asked if we had any drugs or alc, and both times we were completely clean, we were simply smoking hookah and enjoying a nice summer night.
    So I come to you for assistance in knowing why they do some of the things they do. They take our licenses, which I understand, to check if we are 18 or have a record. But both times, they have taken my phone number. Where does this information go once they take it down, and what is the limits of their authority?? Sicne I am unexperienced with these encounters, I am respectful and just do as they ask, not wanting to waste my own time.
    Also, if I am on my property (my family just bought a new 5 acre lot, and there is no house on it yet. Just woods and a field), what are they allowed to do, if we are just smoking hookah? On both occations, they have looked through my friends truck, which I don't think they are allowed to do. What happens if I question them or tell them not to, and how should I deal with looking suspicious?
    Thanks GC, two nights in a row has ruined the mood for a chill sesh.

2. What puzzles me the most is why they took my cell phone number, any ideas? I mean maybe he's just into younger guys...who knows.

Should I be worried? Is that normal?

3. Cops usually never have anything better to do, so they pester random people about irrelevant bullshit. Fuck tha police.

4. Why exactly did you give him your cellphone number? That's rediculous.

5. You don't have to give them your number, let them search your friends truck, or even let them on your property for that matter. Unless they have probable cause they would need a search warrant to look in the truck. If they bother you again ask them to leave your property, if they don't leave, ask to see a warrant.

6. Just say no to the searches if they bother you again. You have done nothing wrong

7. I wasn't looking to cause any problems, and wasn't sure what happens once they take it. Just simply nervous and didn't want to argue. But what happens to my number now that they have it??

8. Dude, honestly. Since you are young and inexperienced, just don't
    argue with the police. You don't want to irritate them and make things worse.

Just let them do their thing and leave. Eventually they will
    get bored and leave you and your fiend alone.

9. Exactly. I just don't know if i should be worried, or if im just paranoid :confused:

10. I'm going with the second one.

When someone at my school threatened to jump me I used to carry a knife on me at school and I felt like every teacher and security guard knew I had it. It's just called paranoia