Police Encounter leaving spot

Discussion in 'Security' started by donjo420, May 14, 2013.

1. My spot is located on 150+ acres of  private land completely uninhabited/overgrown land with natural springs and creeks. One day I happened to be down there for the hell of it not grow related but still had sheers in my back pocket. I was just walking and as i was leaving the property i was caught by the k9 unit and since i was trespassing he wanted to search me he asked about the sheers twice and seemed skepticle i just informed him i left them in my back pocket when i went for a walk and had been gardening earlier that day. This made me nervous. Then just a little bit ago I was searched and talked to by a cop who was called to check out suspicous activity (my friends car running for an hour to charge a battery and just as we start rolling the blunt) we got off free but he mentioned to me (this is a different cop now) that he knew about some suspicous activity about me leaving the spot with sheers in my pocket and asked me what they were for and also seemed skepticle. My plants aren't out there yet but now i wonder if they are on to me and if i should give  up or what? :( any adive would be really appreciated as my girls need to go in there final home soon. I really dont wanna throw away the time and money and expectations I already put into it this far.

2. #2 moreherb, May 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2013
    Start gardening a lot of vegetables at first, buy dirt and grown tomato/squash/corn/fruit plants. See if they are on to you than go for the gold. 

Im pretty sure that with 150 acres your already gardening but if your gonna do it thrown them off. Buy a large green house and barbed wire.

3. Are you implying I construct this stuff on my property? Remember the 150 acres is private property that doesn't belong to me thats how i was searched in the first place. I also have no intentions to further raise their suspiscions in my direction lol crafty idea though.

4. Pick a new spot.

5. Reading the post im picking up the150 acres is yours. Thats like me saying my apartment is located in 1000 acres of city. Read up on guerrila growing and swamp techniques, find a set it and forget it method start growing and check irregularly. If I had that much land to raid I would use cheap seeds and come back to check for males.

6. This is a logical thought and response but the private land I've chose is the best spot. I don't really have another option other than finding a location i have to drive to which would really increase my paranoia. I guess what I most want to know from somebody is if I'm likely to have my plants (only 2 and well hidden) found, and somehow linked to me.

7. Im not sure how you pick up that its my land.Why would i be searched leaving my own propertly and later asked again about it by another officer. I don't even live near the 150 acres, i walk a couple miles before i enter it. However, i like your idea of set it and forget it so I will be reading into this and see what i can come up with. thanks!

8. #8 seaf0ur, May 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2013
    why doubleposting? damn you new format!

9. hugelkultur style, only instead of a raised bed, bury your old logs underground. The wood will absorb a lot of moisture acting like a natural SIP.... Requires you to water MUCH less often.

Heres your issue as I see it:

Encounter #1: LEO catches you AT the (future) growspot with shears in your pocket.

Encounter #2: LEO at separate time and location uses a bullshit barely constitutional "knock and talk" style tactic to "see what you're up to" ie:  suspicous activity

What this says to me..... At the end of the day, when the LEO's are back at the station talking amongst themselves, YOUR name came up in reference to THAT LOCATION.

This is a RISK/REWARD situation.

Is the risk worth the reward? If so, can you minimize that risk?

MOVE.

10. What was the K-9 unit doing there? Did someone tip them that someone grows there?

11. That's a tough one bro. Go out there and plant some cucumbers and tomatoes. See if they bring in the swat team then. I personally wouldn't go anywhere near that spot now that they've seen you with sheers
    It doesn't matter what you may have said they think those sheers are for one thing only. Growing ganja. Whether that makes sense or not. I'm sure the regular pigs know jackshit about growing. But I guarantee they'll be watching that spot. Especially if you live in a small town where the cops have nothing else to do

12. K9s do go to the woods to train maybe you came across him leaving training. They do it right up the street from me. They'll a Tuvalu pay you two hundred bucks to toss on a burlap arm and hide from the dogs in the woods. I did it twice a couple years back. It was pretty cool.

13. #13 Navarone, May 15, 2013
    Last edited: May 16, 2013
    Why the hell did you let them search you!?!? Cops can make up or infer about whatever they want and they're trained to get you to confess with just some simple redirection. They didn't know you we're trespassing, you're just a dude going for a walk in the woods, or walking around (for all they know) your property. There's more going on if they knew you were trespassing, and you would have been arrested or they would have said something like the property owner call and wants you off their property.

Again with the other search while you were in the car. Where were you parked that they felt you could be causing trouble? Seems like made up bullshit to trick you into letting them search you again. I'm surprised you didn't get in trouble for the blunt! There's more going on than just searching you for the hell of it. I vote never go back or go back and plant some random veggies and maybe leave some innocuous evidence and see if it gets messed with. Also find a different entrance!

Oh, did he pat you down or turn out your pockets? There's a big difference. They can usually pat you down just to check for weapons, for their own safety, but doing a full search they need probably cause. Having pruning shears in your pocket is NOT probable cause for a search. Are you in a mmj friendly state/county? I'm gonna go full conspiracy now, bare with me. The property owner called and is working with the cops, the cops would like to bust you in the act of something big, the dog smells you and can now track your sent in the woods and they know exactly where you went and will now wait for you to grow all the evidence they need to fuck you.

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Stop+and+Frisk
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stop_and_identify_statutes

14. The situation is a lot harder to descirbe and make everyone understand completely how it went down, and i don't wanna type an entire detailed story but no it was just a pat down both times,not a full on search and we were on private property when he asked to search my friends vehicle so we declined, even when he asked twice and tried to convince us the k9 was in pursuit to come sniff the car regardless, thats how so he couldnt find the blunt and we had stepped out of the car so he wouldnt be able to approach us in the vehicle.I guess its a good idea just to avoid the area in general then from now on but now im stuck with plants that i dont want to lose and money/time i dont wanna let go to waste. Unless anyone has a good idea how to guerilla grow in a location other than the remote woods cuz that was my only remote wooded area.

15. Are you in an area known for growing or trafficking?
    Sounds spooky to me. 
    What if you start walking down that road all the time? Like jogging, or walking your dog, or just walking off your dinner in the evenings. "Whoever" might just get used to seeing you out that way on occasion, and it would give you some opportunity to case the area a bit more until you feel good or bad about it, one way or the other. 

16. You say you we're tresspassing dude, where I live they will slap ya with $250 to $500 fine. Find another place..they are on to you.

17. This is a no-brainer.....get a new spot immediately.  

18. Alright so I've done some searching and I haven't found a spot as good but its accomplishable. However I am going back to the old spot and digging up that good soil i prepared so it goes to good use and putting my girls in their final homes before the weekend. thanks for the info/advice greatly appreciated!

19. choose your time dude.....id just leave em be. they know you, they know your area. chances are they will swing by just as your loading garbage bags full of soil or the plants themselves. 

weeds not worth your freedom, turn tail my friend, and stay safe to grow another day.

The property might be alright for growing but it sounds like the area surrounding it is too hot.  You would have been fucked if you were returning to your car after a harvest.