PokerStars?? Rigged??

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by BUDS4U2NV, May 4, 2010.

1. Ive been hearing lately that pokerstars is rigged n set up. is it true??

by the way my name is foru2envy87 add me, we'll play together

...also wat do u think about reefer poker??

2. I think it is rigged. I have a picture somewhere to prove it.

It shows that I had the best hand, and it awarded another player the money, I sent them the picture and they claimed that the picture was doctored, and that there was no game history for that hand #.

I'll try to find the picture.

3. WTF ARE U SERIOUS?? Was it a cash game?? I would of been on pokerstars' ass till it was sorted out

4. #4 Jamtastic, May 4, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2010
    Thing is, it wasn't a cash game. It was either in a freeroll tourney, or play money.

They denied, denied, denied. I found the site I posted the picture on, but got sidetracked because it was so long ago, I also found some saved IM's and had to write some apologies.

I need to edit out some information, but I'll post it shortly.

Edit: I have attached the picture. It has NOT been edited in any way,other than editing out the game number and my player name, and the crapy quality is because it's from year's ago.

As you will see both players had 88, one with a Q kicker and the other with a K kicker. 88Q won the pot? You will also see that both players are STILL at the table, so it's not as if he won because of a disconnect or leaving.

Attached Files:

5. Sounds to me like a bug. If you search Google a little you'll see that near enough every poker site out there has hundreds of people claiming it's rigged. Bad beats happen, I even know of people who had 99.9% to win, and still lost, but that's just life.

As for what happened to you Jam, that's likely a bug and you should tell them that you don't want any compensation or anything (because to be fair, if I was in their situation, I'd think someone was faking it for the money, way too many people use these sites so it's not easy to check if they're telling the truth) - but request instead that they take a look and fix the bug because while you didn't lose anything, someone else could lose a lot of money in the same way, as bugs *do* repeat themselves.

6. This was years ago, but I did bring it up to pokerstars, too bad I don't still have the emails. They denied it, and said I was faking, and just kept denying.

Now more hands are played onlined than at a real table game, so odds are more stange bad beats will happen more often, however, it seems like with pokerstars the odds are backwards. I've seen so many wacked out river catches it's rediculus, and it's almost predicatble.

I don't know if it still does it now, but ever notice how pokerstars would freeze up a little bit before dealing the last card, which often gave someone a bad beat? It wouldn't do this on normal hands.

7. #7 JesusGreen, May 4, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2010
    I dunno, I've yet to play on PokerStars but all the other sites I've used are the same, there are loads of bad beats, it's just how it is.

However, on the Two Plus Two forums there's a good post someone made that sums it up really:

^ It's possible this is true. On another site I use I witnessed that exact scenario, only in Play Money, my 3rd or 4th hand I ever played on that site was a Royal Flush, while on some other sites I use I've yet to *ever* see one.

The thing is though, if you use data mining/tracking software, you'll see that the hand odds on every site are pretty much the same, it's just you have to take into the account that no algorithm is truly random, and that while we are expected to win if the odds are in our favour, odds are not certainty. This sums it up really:

Without true randomness you will get situations where seemingly quite weird things happen. I think the best way to be sure if a site is legit or not though is to look at the best players of the site, are they very skilled players? Because if a site is rigged in favour of the underdog then statistically the underdogs should be the players making the most profit. Also, data mining/tracking is a good way to watch the hands, because sometimes it looks like you're losing over and over with the best hands, but then you might realise you only had 60% to win, or you *are* winning more than losing but only keeping track of the losses, etc.

8. #8 Deleted member 15510, May 4, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2019

9. lol bad beat?? Ive seen someone get out-quaded!!

10. WOW! Rigged for sure. And lol at Pokerstars rigging freerolls.:confused:

11. nuff said....end thread

12. lol just cause ur bad at poker doesnt mean a website is rigged

my bro is a husng reg and makes around 200k a year

13. I do fairly well I have an account on stars and cake. I'm making a steady extra 200-300+ a week.