Pokemon

Discussion in 'General' started by full melt, Sep 20, 2008.

1. Hey everyone,

Did anyone like pokemon when they where a kid. I fucking loved it. I must have spent 1000 dollars on the cards haha. I bought so much of the merch to. It was insane. I remember hanging out with friends and setting my alarm to wake up at 8:00 so we could watch the new episodes. Seen 2 of the movies. I guess you never really realize how lame you where as a kid untill your old.

Well i am tripping balls right now and i seen that it was on. Now im just sitting here thinking why the hell did i like this show. It is so lame now and theres like 1000 new pokemon. It is a trip though brings back good memorys.

Bonsleye you evolved into sudowoodo!

2. I used to go to the pokemon leagues and win cash in the tournaments...

Also in the league's you could cheat to get your badges... I used to tell the people in charge I won like 10 games every half hour because for each game you win you get 2 stamps in the fucking book they give you, and if you lose you only get one stamp.

Now that I look back I can see how obvious of a lie it was, and now I wonder why no one ever called me out on it.

I also cheated by shuffling the cards I wanted on top.

I was a bad kid... :(

3. haha thats epic one time. This one time my friends mom gave his pokemon cards away and he was so upset so we asked for the cards back and the kid said no. So i told him i would battle him for them. We started playing and i was losing so i stuck my charzard on the top of the deck. Long story short i pwnd him so bad he cryed.

I kind of feel bad about the last part.

4. you have a good memory i dont remember my childhood.

5. I was never a child

6. Hell yeah. Still play my pokemon gameboy games at work, haha.
    in all games after silver/gold you could get alternate color Pokemon.

I got a BLACK CHARIZARD, yo. Nothing will ever be as badass as a black charizard, ever.

7. nah i liked other things. .

but the game was fun i played it once on gameboy

8. Ah Pokemon.. haha reminds of This one time my friends mom gave his pokemon cards away and he was so upset so we asked for the cards back and the kid said no. So i told him i would battle him for them. We started playing and i was losing so i stuck my charzard on the top of the deck. Long story short i pwnd him so bad he cryed.

\

Chuck?:smoking::smoking:

9. I used some rare holographic cards to come up in Middle School. Made like $200 tradin em off haha. When the blue/red game boy versions came out, we used to resort to linking up with the cable and trading pokemon in the boys bathroom between class!:p

I still have my book of cards with like 30 holographic, if that shit ever makes a come back ill be rich.

10. i have an interesting life story that i experienced through pokemon.

a "friend" in 3rd grade was listening to me tell him about my new pack of cards. i was going off like "yeah i got a wheedle, rattat, squirtle, and a spearow" (im making these up, i dont remember the exact words). well my friend decides to say "DUDE, i think i got the same pack". now im like
    "ok screw this guy, no way"...i named off about 30 pokemon. clearly not how many were in the pack. i caught him red handed. called his bitch ass out and decided that i was the god of pokemon.

word.

11. That was a little after my time

Now as far as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles go, now we're talking...

12. same here, the game was dope, and show lame.

13. i played it on gameboy check my avatar

14. Thats horrible your a monster!!

You probably scarred that poor kid for life.

I still think thats the only good game for gameboy. Pokemon blue of course.

Never liked yellow. Couldnt stand that little fucker following me around all the time.

15. I had pogs as a child.

I used to steal slammers from the swapmeet haha.

I was so ghetto as a kid:devious:

16. Haha i used to have pogs to. I never had any idea what they where or how to use them but i always collected them. I remember my family used to eat at this restaurant called swiss chalet and they had a "treasure chest" which was basically a chest that had a bunch of toys in it that kids could take after there meal( kind of like the toys in a kids meal ). Everytime i would go i would find the chest and steal as many pogs as i could and walk out of that resteraunt with close to 40 pogs. Doesnt seem like much now but it was like oceans 11 for me back then. My parents where my getaway drivers.

I also used to eat sugar packets and freak out the entire ride home. I loved to get fucked up even when i was 6 haha.

17. Lmao, we used to beat up kids who had pogs. :)

And I was fully enveloped in the pokemon craze. I remember my entire 5th grade year pretty much revolved around pokemon cards.

18. Used to sell the cards for decent money.

19. The place i used to try to sell my cards ripped people off so bad. There was a card they where selling for 77 dollars and if you tried to sell it to them they would be like "Oh there seems to be a piece of dust on this card. Unfortunately i can only give you 75 cents for it.

One day i will have my vengeance.

20. Yea we got this place called Collectors Heaven and they tried to play me. Only like 30 for a rare card that I could sell for atleast 50. They some bitches. I should have stolen all his cards in the binder.