Pokemon go

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Grainofspace, Aug 6, 2016.

1. Hows this game compare to Pokemon red/blue/yellow/gold/silver?

2. Actually never played Pokemon before this

Sent from my SM-G900T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Ok. I'll gladly be the first to go on a tirade about Pokemon GO!

First off, amazing application. Genius innovation and congratulations dominating the app market for several weeks with a mobile first person Pokemon game. Very awesome, super cool.

Growing up as a 90s baby I AM SINCERELY APPRECIATIVE OF THIS GAME. For most of my child life, I desired to catch them all. And now, thanks to Pokemon GO, I can be.

That being said, I deleted the app after about 2 weeks of playing. It's adventurous and fun to move from geogical location to location and meet new friends to catch Pokemon. And seeing so many people together having fun. But all in all, Pokemon is about battling and evolving.

Evolving Pokemon has turned into "how many can you catch" and not "how hard do you train". This is frustrating.

Great game, loved playing it. They failed in my opinion by failing to incorporate player vs player action. I don't want to walk 2 miles to the nearest church to "battle" someone who isn't relevant irl, and I don't desire to catch 100 ratattas daily.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  4. It compares in the sense that you've literally walk around and catch Pokemon and that is about all that compares to. At the beginning you talk to the professor and your character is Ash but aside from that nothing else is really original from the Pokemon games on Gameboy.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ify I usually go to the park nearby there's like 20 pokestips there so I never have to go to far

Sent from my SM-G900T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. What is the point Guys
    Do you win anything if you catch them all?
    An Old man wishing to know

7. Point, it seems like to me is to get people out and moving and walking around.

Several people have caught every Pokemon available, even though some are only available in certain countries. There is no reward or prize, you're literally just catching them all for fun.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I live in Midtown Downtown City near a country club plaza, there is about 150 stops around my house within a 2-mile radius lol. There's one guy that literally walks around with a backpack of portable chargers and charges people to charge their phone. Lol

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 3
  9. LOL
    OK Thanks
    Have fun

• Like Like x 3
  10. [​IMG]

I live in the middle of nowhere so I have no pokestops or gyms nearby, but I still try lol. I've been stunted though because I'll go days without any pokeballs and have to go to mcdonalds and take advantage of their stop for about an hour

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. It's funny watching children play it. It's sad watching adults.

12. Fun game, but it needs some work. There's a lot of things about it that just are not good. Like the fact that you can drive a car and play.... but it knows your in a car so you can't geet mileage for your eggs.

13. Definitely needs some work, for me the gps doesn't work at all sometimes, it'll walk the opposite way that I'm going or walk around when I'm sitting down (which actually isn't bad because I get free walking on the eggs) but I think it has potential to be a good game after some updates.

• Like Like x 1
  14. The new hack does away with all those problems! Gives you freedom to move with an on screen joy stick! My friend walked all the way to Honolulu.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Errone be playing this game, I don't get it

16. How do you get the hack to work??