Pokémon

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by leigh, Sep 9, 2012.

1. Who here plays Pokémon? Which versions do you like? Do you play to fill your dex, to beat the elite 4, to raise them to lvl 100? What's your dream team (for playthrough or competitive battling)? Who are your favorites?

I'll get this ball rollin' cause I fuckin' love Pokémon.

I play Yellow, Blue, Red, Ruby, Emerald, Leaf Green, Pearl, and Soul Silver. I started Black but I never liked it because of the way they changed EV gain, so I gave up after the 3rd gym. I'm currently playing Pearl, but my brother lost his DS so I switched to Red. I also have games going on Yellow and Emerald but I'm not focusing on them right now.

I generally just play to beat the elite 4, and then if it's possible because the game is gen 3 or higher, I'll transfer my team to my storage Soul Silver game.

The team I raped with in Soul Silver was Ampharos, Typhlosion, Alakazam, Heracross, and Gyarados.

Some of my favorites that I always try to use (if they can be caught in that game) are Nidoqueen, Alakazam, Vaporeon, and Ninetales. Ninetales with a combo of Confuse Ray, Hypnosis, Shadow Ball, Will-O-Wisp, Flamethrower, Double Team, and Energy Ball is pretty beastly.

My dream team (excluding legendaries) would be
    Garchomp (+Atk and +Spd/+Def)
    Espeon (+SpAtk and +Spd) or Jolteon (+SpAtk and +Spd) depending on which water type I have
    Lapras (+SpAtk and +HP) or Starmie (+SpAtk and +one of the Defs) depending on the moveset I wanted
    Charizard (+SpAtk or +Atk depending on moveset, and +Spd)
    Gengar (+Spd and +SpAtk)
    Metagross (+Atk and +Def/+SpDef)

Hopefully there are a few others who like it as much as I do around here!

2. Played gold and pearl, usually I just train my original pokemon so he gets super powerful adn can one hit everyone.....and a decent backup just in case

3. Ah, I've heard of people doing that. I've never done it, though. I usually keep my whole team at the same level.

4. I gave up pokemon in grade school but I had all games from yellow to ruby and I had dope team set-ups on each.. My best team wouldve been on silver.. Undefeated the entire game :smoke:

5. OG blue edition on gameboy color

my blastoise was I think level 83, I kept playing after I won the game just cause it was fun clowning the final Elite trainers without even using potions

[​IMG]

6. I made a team on pearl a couple years ago. Had a level 100 salamence with crazy attack. He did work. I think I had a Lapras and all kinds of other shit too.

7. How do you get 7 moves on one Pokemon? :p

8. my blue version cartridge's battery died :(

Need to buy a replacement and solder a new one in.

lost my game save from when I was a kid :'(

9. I said a combination of. :p

10. #10 Deleted member 95373, Sep 10, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2012
    I also fuckin love pokemon. I don't really have fun with competitive unless it's with my friends, people on the internet like to EV boost and breed and all sorts of shit that I just don't have time for. So I mostly play for campaign/nostalgia purposes. I've beaten all the pokemon games at least 3 times, I enjoyed the subtle differences between games(e.g. pokemon you can catch) although I wish a little more changed.

I mostly like playing Fire Red and Leaf Green. Same old games I loved with some ubdated systems and graphics. I also enjoyed Soul Silver and Heart Gold but my current DS emulator is kinda clunky so I'm never more than 2-3 hours in before I basically have to save and reopen it and it kinda kills the immersion experience. As far as the other one's go I liked Black/White better than Diamond/Pearl so I guess that's something....

Favorite pokemon are Abra, Charmander, Scyther/Pinsir(I always have one on my team), Magikarp(I love buying him for fun and then leveling him up, always have), and Zapdos.

The lineup I finish the game with sort of depends on how I feel as I progress through the game. Normally I have my starter, a legendary bird for flight/sp atk, an eevee evolution, a normal type pokemon, haunter(for hypnosis), and whatever pokemon I feel is somewhat hard to level or moderately weak(magikarp, weedle's, ratata's, you know, w/e).

Also........ it's on everyone;

Can you name the Pokémon from the first generation? | Online Games & Trivia by Sporcle

EDIT: Just got a 145 on the test, good luck everyone =P

11. Played every game loved them. been playing emerald and FR and LG lately:) the first game I captured every Pokemon from that region was in Pokemon white lol and I'm gunna smoke my head off when the remakes for Ruby and sapphire come out

12. If anyone wants to battle or trade in white or black im down. I'm not really that competitive but I enjoy just fucking around lol I also got lots of pokes and if someone asks for some eggs, that'll give me something to pass my time hahaha

13. I've only played B/R/Y, but man those were the fucking days. I picked Squirtle the first time I played. I tried to catch them all after the Elite 4, but never got around to getting all 150 until much later.

My team mainstays were Blastoise, Kadabra, and Dugtrio. The other three spots varied and I really only needed the first three.

[​IMG]

14. #14 Spyder, Sep 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2012
    Last one I played was Crystal.

My main Pokemon I used were Typhlosion (though Charizard is way more awesome), the Red Gyrados you can get from that one lake, and Scyther. The other ones are Drowzee, Noctowl, and Tentacruel, but I just have them to cut/fly/etc

Just beat the 4 master guys and got to the original pokemon world. Definitely want a Mewtwo or something cool and rare, but idk when I'm gunna play it again.

Had a chance to get the electric dog pokemon, no idea what the name is but it's legendary. Was going to use my master ball but my box was full :(

15. Played and beat Yellow, Crystal, Ruby, Leaf Green, and Soul Silver.
    I started Emerald when I was a kid, but ended up giving it to my cousin for his birthday.
    But! I just happened to recently install a GBA emu. on my phone and just started Emerald once again :D

16. Ha that's what I did. Played it on my Razr.

Gotta love emulators!

17. I've played it again a few times on my phone too.

I always get to that part where there's like a 20 level gap between the last gym and the elite four, and give up.

18. That's what cheat codes are for duh! Rare candies! Lol

19. Has anyone watched the Vietnamese Crystal videos? funny shit.

20. I'm like, a monster in Pokemon. I've played RBY, GSC, RSE, FR, DPPt, HGSS and White. Yo I'm so fucking glad someone made this thread haha I'm grooving off some weed brownies, actually two fudgy ass pieces, and this just has got me in a hold. I don't really fill up my pokedex, I never have anyone to trade with but I definitely EV train. I'm playing Platinum right now for fun, experimenting with all the extra features. I currently have about 50+ pokes in my SS that I manually EV grind, and I'm waiting for Black2 to come out and transfer them all over :D ! (obviously I favor Zekrom ._.)

But oh man, my dream team? Kabutops, Charizard, Eelektross, Espeon, Tyranitar and Lucario. At least that's what I'm working with now. I literally have almsot two box fulls of pokemon just waiting to reach it's potential. Too many favorites but my team would but my top 6. I don't use legendaries in competitive battling, that's like cheating to me. I limit myself to only two pseudo legendaries in a team of 6, that's just me though.

All Pokemon Trainers, you are welcome here!