poison ivy?

Discussion in 'General' started by shevanel, Jun 21, 2009.

1. sorry if this sounds stupid...i've been :smoking::smoking::smoking:and i'm bored

two nights ago or last night (i don't remember) my friend and I went out into this new spot in the woods to smoke pot. i was wearing shorts (and a white shirt like a dumbass) and because I was wearing shorts i got poison ivy on the back of my left ankle? what do i do now?

2. put calamine lotion on it, and wait for it to go away....

come on man..it seems google search would give you more pertinent answers than a general board full of stoners :p:p:p:p:p

i get poison ivy alot here in arkansas...all of our natural state is covered in it..but its worth seeing the beauty that mother gaia has given us :smoking: And smoking her weed

3. i know, but i figured i'd post something to entertain the 'general' board at 1:54 am or whatever time it is at your place

4. Dont scratch it. Calamine, and it doesent hurt to piss on it to take away the stinging.

5. I actually have poisen Ivy right now.

What you need to do is wash everything that has come into contact with the plant with a high proof alcohol (iso) to make sure the oils dont spread.

Go to the doctors and get a topical steriod and some benedryl. The benedryl is going to be your best friend for the 2 weeks you have it.

Use a tea tree oil on the rash, that stuff works like a mofo.

If you need to calm the itch take an oatmeal bath or smoke mad weed!

6. I just got over a 2 week bout with poison ivy. It just kept coming back and it spread all over my arms, legs, and hands.

I found that the best fix is to run the affected area under VERY hot water. It will burn / itch for a few seconds, but trust me it completely eases the itch for a few hours. Put on some calamine lotion after that and you should be fine.

The more you itch it the more it will spread. And as Full Melt said above, Benedryl is awesome. Take some before bed and when you are not going to be doing anything for a while. It knocks out out a bit but cures the itch.

7. I've had Poison Ivy countless times. Here are a few things I do:

• Get this cream called Tecnu. It kills the oils that spread poison ivy and it is a lifesaver.
    • Of course Calamine lotion helps, but I personally don't like it.
    • Get a baking soda bath. Poor a decent amount into a tub of water, and relax for about 30 minutes. It will dry up the poison ivy.
    • If you live near a beach then go for a swim. Saltwater is a God-given thing for people with poison ivy. It relieves the itch and dries it out.