Poison Ivy oil

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by Iraqiunit, Sep 3, 2013.

1. so im probably being paranoid but I figure better safe than sorry. So today I went through some possible poison ivy bushes while I was fishing. I was readin all the shit about how strong it is and it got my paranoid ass, thinkin about if the oil was on my fingers when I was packin bowls. I mean when I got home I washed off my legs with alcohol, then took a shower then packed them. Im just wondering would it be strong enough to hang around after and somehow get onto my weed then be smoked

2. No you won't need to worry about that. I'm highly allergic to it, and usually end up with a case where I need steroids. Now I'm not saying you can't get a reaction from inhaling smoke from it but in your case it'll be fine.

3. I've heard of people getting poison ivy from the smoke when people burn the plants.  You won't have anything to worry about because even though you might have got a little bit on your bud off your fingers, it's not enough to cause a problem.  Burning the whole plant is different...I certainly wouldn't want to smoke poison ivy.