PoiBoy's Sun & Soil Chronicles (in the Dirt Hole)

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by PoiBoy79, Mar 18, 2018.

1. I don't know how I missed your thread but looking real good. I will read through the whole thing later tonight but just glancing over the first page it looks as though we do a lot of the same things.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Thanks inda, I'm sure you can give me some pointers - welcome! Passing the J

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. Caught a couple shots today
    C-99
    [​IMG]

Guawi #3 aka #1(because it's the best)
    8.3.18[​IMG]
    Today 8.17.18
    [​IMG]
    Guawi #2 ( really was #2)
    [​IMG]
    Queen Mother - measured her today at 8 feet even. I think Panama x Bangi Haze will be taller. Maybe Guawi #2 as well.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  4. Holy shit. The c99 is way far along. All of them are beautiful. Meow! Lol

my wig is loose, your stroke is weak...

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Thanks bruddah Sit
    I've read a lot about the Female Seeds version. Not an outdoor strain but we're in the Garden O' Eden. The breeder says there is just a tiny bit of autoflowering genes to get her to begin flower early. Kali China was showing first - "it's a race!"

• Like Like x 1
  6. GFBA, (C99) of mines at ramming speed. The stable...

lil slh.jpg og18.jpg slh 2.jpg slh 3.jpg Wiz.jpg bertha.jpg gfba.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  7. Cindy is real fast outside, probably the fastest strain I have grown without using any tricks. I have found 3 seeds in the one I grew last year although accidentally cut one with scissors when breaking up a bud for a joint. I plan on starting them sometime at the end of the year for next season.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Yeah inda this plant is progressing quickly, it's real fast and so is this Kali China....If you need quick strains I'd look into it as well.
    Dang man you lost 33.3% of the herd with one cut! The price of a J be paid!

• Like Like x 1
  9. #130 inda, Aug 19, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
    The first seed I found I cut because I was not expecting it after that point I broke it all up with my fingers. Found 3 seeds in about 2lbs of dried flower.

I roll the dice sometimes with my outdoor girls some of them are not fast strains but I usually keep some girls in smaller containers which can be moved under protection to ensure I have fresh herb. I have lost more then a few big plants in the past form them taking to long or just nature works against me. But then there is some strains I really like and I take the chance with them outside because there usually way better than what you get with lights.

• Like Like x 1
  10. For comparison here is Kali China
    Progressing quickly
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    KC's four tops
    [​IMG]
    Nice view for smoking a J in the Hole
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  11. Wednesday 8.22
    Did some work in the garden yesterday. Went for a hike and gathered some reeds and sticks the right size to use for stakes. I wove them through the fence and secured further with zip ties. I have this cool roll of garden tape that works like velcro I used to tie the plants to the stakes.
    I didn't announce it but Panama x Bangi Haze has started forming porcupine tops and so I'm only waiting on both Guawis which will be any day now. Flowers on KC and C99 are starting to smell. Both have a fruitiness to them. C99 has that soft pineapple smell and the KC has an overripe melon type smell that reminds me a little of a plant last year. But when you touch the resin glands there is a much more acidic penetrating fruit smell like peach.... I'm getting excited.
    Kali China
    20180822_122406~2.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  12. I love those night shots with the sky as the background

• Like Like x 2
  13. I have until today, never actually seen the budworm moth in action. Her image is burned into my mind. Small light grey body with two dark-wood colored bands across her wings. I watched her to make sure she was the right species. She only flew to buds....she was jumpy and would take off when I got close. And now I hate her guts because I tried to kill her and ended up hitting my Kali China and knocking a bud off the top! Phermone traps reloaded tomorrow and BT!

• Like Like x 3
  14. Never saw the kind youre talking about on my plants. But when i sprayed my plants tonight there were hundreds of small white moths flying out. Every year this time i see them. They dont seem to do anything though and are not bothered by BT

• Like Like x 1
  15. I can't look at moths or butterflies the same way ever again. If they fly near my plants, I immediately see them as a threat lol

• Like Like x 2
  16. 8.27 Monday

I don't know how it happened but the Kali China had a bunch of catties attack. They took out a bunch of tops and got the very tips of three of the four main colas. I've been spraying BT, but maybe a little lightly. I must've killed about two dozen catties, most of them were pretty good size. The Kali was starting to look sexy as hell, but now she got battle damage.
    Upside was I really got to smell what her buds are like. Floral, overripe fruit, soap, a bit of spice. Amazing!

Kali China bud and an unwelcome guest, pre-squish
    [​IMG]
    Queen Mother - slowly forming all her bud sites and starting to fill. She seems to flower a bit slower, very deliberately designed buds haha. I'm so curious about this one - she gets a lot of hype
    [​IMG]
    Panama x Bangi Haze is flowering super fast and making flowers in a hurry
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Guawi #3 - nice spread! The other Guawi has porcupine tops already but this one is a couple days behind.
    [​IMG]

Irie vibes in your gardens friends!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Queen Mother bud shots
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    C99
    She has started to emit a subtle, refreshing tropical fruit smell. When the resin is rubbed it is a smell I identify as lilikoi (passion fruit)!!! I wanna motorboat this lady.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Peace in your ganja gardens friends!

• Like Like x 4
  18. For catties you want BTk aka thuricide. It has a very short life on the plant tissue upwards of a week due to the fact it is a live bacteria. Heat and strong sun light decrease how long it is on the plant so it needs to be timed with the moths presence. Also the solution goes bad after about 6 months or if it get left out in the heat. Bug zappers can work to kill off some of the moths and an electric fly swatter works great for actively hunting them plus they are super cheap at harbor freight.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Hey inda -
    I have been spraying BT although I think I was misting them a bit lightly. I'm finding the bud worms deep in buds that makes me think I missed some crucial point to spray and the eggs got covered up. Now I'm drenching them the way I should have from the get go, and doing it twice every week no fail until a day or two before harvest.. Seems I have to relearn every year.... I'm such a knucklehead.
    I'm seriously considering the bug zapper though. I need another way to kill these fuckers.
    Anyway - here's one of the untouched Kali China buds.
    [​IMG]
    I've gotten to smell her a lot while killing catties - smelling tropical fruits and floral notes, can't wait for a smoke!

• Like Like x 3