PoiBoy's Sun & Soil Chronicles (in the Dirt Hole)

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by PoiBoy79, Mar 18, 2018.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  1. Monday 6/14/21

Caught my first fella in the garden..I was getting impatient.
    Nocturnal #2 is a dude
    20210614_124622.jpg 20210614_125148.jpg 20210614_124757.jpg

Here's the rest of the gang. Put them in the partial shade because heat wave starts tomorrow....its about to get hot SoCal 20210614_132230.jpg
    Peace in your gardens growhana

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. The only good balls are barely formed..... I'm going to jail lol

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Lol!

Sent with more cow bell!?

• Like Like x 3
  4. #1006 PoiBoy79, Jun 15, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2021
    Went up to the garden to prep for the heatwave. Had sprayed some garlic barrier mixed with fish hydrolysate as a foliar the other day. I guess I mixed too strong because a few of the plants got burned pretty bad. Fook! Whatevs, nothing too bad I guess. The plants loved the shade and grew noticeably in the last day.
    I have a handful of favorite plants, here's a few:
    Lots of double serrations on this Nocturnal
    20210615_104829.jpg
    This fem Malawi x PCK is a beast, takes everything no prob. She also has purple coloring on the stem that the other two lack. I was hoping to get a colored pheno that leans Malawi. Ideally she'll have the coloring and terps from the dad and the power and build from mom.. She is my pick for that strain
    20210615_105627.jpg
    Three (the 3rd is at 9 o'clock) of my favorite @Sirtootsalot #slothloveschunk so far....hope they're chick's. They have a nice build that looks like they will bush out - all the growth at the nodes is beefed compared to the rest
    20210615_105745.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  5. Only the strong survive!

Sent with more cow bell!?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Fuck yeah! Damn they look good. Can't wait to see them get big.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Thanks toots, looks like it'll be a nice bunch this year.
    The plants seem to really like that I added an inline filter to my garden hose two days ago. I tested the water before and after adding the filter. Ph went from 8-8.5 to 7, and the water hardness went from 12 grains to 6.....which would make my water pretty good, woohoo
    The filter also gets rid of chlorine/chloramine, heavy metals, etc. Better water all around....

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  8. I'm sure they are, that's huge.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Some more from yesterday.

Burned my only confirmed Nocturnal female, I must've mixed the foliar too strong or didn't shake enough as I went. Head to toe damage! Dooh! 20210616_122205.jpg
    Another burn vic (SLC), foliar must've puddled in the new growth.
    20210616_122648.jpg
    I've kept around this Nocturnal runt. Nodes about 1/2 inch max haha, thing could weather 60mph winds no prob. Lookit the mad amount of double serrations!!
    20210616_142545.jpg 20210616_142637.jpg
    RIL the older, with a bit of mutation.
    20210616_122949.jpg
    A couple of the Babylon Busters, starting to hit stride and looking good 20210616_122356.jpg
    The two BOOs left. Did a stem rub, and the back one is straight up tangeringe/orange. That's the one I'll keep!
    20210616_122448.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. They still look great, I'm sure they'll bounce right back. Wonder if the stem rub will be simular to flower smell.

• Like Like x 3
  11. The Nocturnal will be alright, seems like hardy genetics.
    Yeah, I hope the smell translates. Would be a real let-down if it didn't....kinda the only reason I bought it, but the highi s supposed to be good, which is a must. I don't have any way to take them both to flower, so the stem rub smell is all I can think of since both plants are equally healthy and vigorous..

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Sounds like a sexy smelling plant, as I'd suspect from the name, so fingers crossed. Havent had an indica one, just tangie and clementine, so good sativa smoke, but not stoney, just nice highs. Who doesn't want a good orange herb. I like the sweet ones more than the bitter rind ones. I got burnt out on orange terps a while back (it was all I was smoking for a bit) but it's been a long enough now, and I'm starting to crave a good one. Hope you get a winner.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Yeah, exactly...only have experience with orange-tangerine sativas, the fact it leans indica got me interested. Hoping for stoney with a body high. I like them sweet and/or zesty...like fresh squeezed oj or crepe suzette.
    I hear ya on getting burned out on certain terps, anything after awhile makes you want something different.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Monday 6.21.21

Transplanted 4 plants to the 45gals yesterday, then topped and pruned them this morning. I get rid of the lowest nodes right away, then pick a healthy section and top right above.

M x PCK #1. Topped her to 6 nodes.
    20210621_100809.jpg

RIL #2 - I pruned the weirdo nodes off and kept the best new growth and topped it to 4 nodes. She is already alternating
    20210621_100706.jpg

Bag of Oranges #1 topped to 5 nodes
    20210621_100645.jpg

Chem D #1 topped to 5 nodes
    20210621_100630.jpg
    Not growing any monsters this year, but I hope to get some very healthy girls and quality bud.
    Unfortunately it turns out I'm only gonna grow 6 plants this year....my city's laws regarding a 7th are steep. So it's a battle between Nocturnal and Babylon Buster for the last spot. Real tough choice

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. That is tough. Is the Nocturnal a sativa leaner? What you leaning towards?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. The Noc is supposed to be 50/50...we used to call those hybrid hybrids lol. My wife was most drawn to the description of that since she hasn't had blueberry terps in awhile. Breeder mentions it's his terpiest, and is the outdoor queen with big yields and a medical stone. She said it doesn't matter if I wanna choose a different one.
    I've been wanting to grow Bodhi gear for a long time, and these were the first regs I bought. That and I've heard some good things from some guys growing BB here on GC, and they shared their test results. It smokes tough and "grabs you by the poo-poo"....high praise.

So no help at all...guess I'm waiting to see who toughs it out best in the yard until all the gender shows, then make the decision.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Hmmm maybe we should put them both in the same pot and call it one plant? ;)

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. I like your style, have your cake and eat it too!
    Hmmmm never done two in one pot before...have you bruddah?

• Like Like x 3