PoiBoy's Sun & Soil Chronicles (in the Dirt Hole)

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by PoiBoy79, Mar 18, 2018.

1. That would be tasty, and efficient! Although I think you have a better climate for most edible fungi.
    The dream is to eventually have a garden that grows all my medicine and most of my food.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

2. Tuesday 6.19

That new shroom is bigger than the last by a good margin.

It's been 3 days

Day 2
    [​IMG]
    Today - 4 days old
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Wednesday 6.20

C99 is looking good. Might be the most symmetrical plant despite having just (2) mains.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. #44 PoiBoy79, Jun 24, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
    Saturday 6.23

Went to the hills above the garden. This is where I like to hang out and sometimes grab materials for mulch. It's fun to create a decomposing natural ground cover in my container garden. Here is a nice healthy grove of Arundo Donax, a giant reed and invasive species. Would make goods compost I think. Lots of silica and possible pest control.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sunday 6.24

The girls have been on a regular feeding routine. After I saw a bit of yellowing progressing on the P x BH and the KC, I started with a fish hydrolysate foliar then hit it with a fish soil drench with Fulvic. Next they got a topdress of my dry meals w/gypsum. Today they get TM7 ( BioAg/7 trace minerals/humic and fulvic) mixed with water and yucca. So far all yellowing and other issues have halted and the girls are growing nicely.

C99
    [​IMG]
    QM aka Sticks
    [​IMG]
    P x BH
    [​IMG]
    KC
    [​IMG]
    Guawi
    [​IMG]
    A hui ho family

6. Garden comparison since June 6 - June 24

June 6
    [​IMG]
    June 24
    [​IMG]

Queen Mother
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    C99
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Panama X Bangi Haze
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Guawi
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Kali China
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Im subbed dang gumbit

• Like Like x 1
  8. I say, who is it?
    Mother, get the gate
    [​IMG]

Oh...
    [​IMG]
    I see you brother Sit!
    [​IMG]
    LICK
    [​IMG]
    LOL

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. hilarious! love that sign brah

• Like Like x 2
  10. Saturday 6.30

Stopped by the garden to meet the farmer I've been getting composted manure from. He hand turns his horse and chicken manure - it's real good shit, and a deal at $5/40lb bag....can't say enough about the quality.
    Six bags of the horse/chicken combo manure
    [​IMG]
    He keeps some straight horse stuff I'm using for the worms.
    The stuff with chicken in it I'll use for the plants. Once my 45 gallon fabric pots arrive I'll be making new soil to fill the pots with. I want to preserve the full 20 gallons of soil the plants are in now and fill the rest with the new mix which will be:
    2 parts manure 1 part cspm and 1part perlite with 1 cup lime p/cuft. That's it, no meals or anything. I want to rely on the nutes in the manure and my regular ferts to carry me through flower. I see no need to amend further. I will screen the manure first then measure. It gets nice and fluffy that way.
    Garden shot
    [​IMG]
    Kali China
    [​IMG]
    C99
    [​IMG]
    Queen Mother aka sticks
    [​IMG]
    Guawi
    [​IMG]
    Panama x Bangi Haze
    [​IMG]
    Here's one of my African Nightcrawler buckets. I drilled 20 holes in the lids.
    Started 5.10 and should be done when the plants start flowering. I've used some for teas and topdressings with good results.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Peace in your gardens friends

• Like Like x 5
  11. Why is the sides of the worm bucket all coated?

• Like Like x 1
  12. worms doing belly flops?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. #53 PoiBoy79, Jul 3, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
    @sitnspin420

Haha bellyflops

Its coated with wet poo. I was concerned at first seeing that. Thinking they were trying to escape for some reason. So I took them in a dark room and let the lids stay off to see if they ran. Nope.
    Through observation and some reading realized its normal for what I have going. They're making use of the surface area. They go up the sides of the bucket because that's where the condensation is.
    Maybe a worm just wants to be alone and have a drink n' shit sideways....you know?

• Like Like x 3
  14. #54 PoiBoy79, Jul 4, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
    Tuesday 7.3

Got the soil mixed up yesterday for the transfer today. Just horse/chicken manure, cspm, perlite, and lime.
    [​IMG]
    Never had to transfer pots this big before. I had to cut the pots.The rootballs held together, but there was a lot of roots growing out the bottom of their pots into the ground. The plants all started drooping a bit.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    They got better after a bit
    [​IMG]
    I used a thick layer of composted horse/chicken manure on top as a mulch/fertilizer.
    [​IMG]
    Glad to have that done. Next I'll put up the fences around the pots. Maybe after the 4th!
    Passing the J neighbors!

• Like Like x 3
  15. What the hell is cspm? I also thought worms climb because they are drowning or searching for food.

my wig is loose, your stroke is weak...

• Like Like x 1
  16. Cspm = Canadian sphagnum peat moss

You're right sit, they climb because of those reasons. Apparently the african species I got are known to roam and run for no apparent reason. The wigglers I can pick up no prob - these africans will flinch if you touch them and I've seen the little ones freak and wiggle so hard they go tumbling.
    I've also seen them mating on the side of those buckets too.
    If they climb in big numbers, (not just 1 or two that I see) AND the buckets stink it's in big trouble. I'm not worried because my mix is a lot drier than people who feed them scraps and wet food. Plus the bedding is mostly compost. They could eat what's in there for a while.
    You keep any worms sit?

• Agree Agree x 1

17. Only wild ones in my compost pile. Planted into that compost and the plant looks bitchin

• Like Like x 1
  18. Friday 6.6

Finished putting the fencing around the girls yesterday.
    Everybody looks good - but today we got smacked with 114F! Big jump in temperature from yesterday's 95F....can't remember when it was this hot. I wasn't around to take care of them today so I'm relying on others to watch over them. I'm a little worried for the plants, but I have to think about the worms in the fabric pot static bin outside under the tree too - crossing my fingers. Good thing I watered everything, including the worms, yesterday.

Garden shot
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Kali China
    [​IMG]
    Panama x Bangi Haze
    [​IMG]
    C99
    [​IMG]
    Queen Mother aka Sticks
    [​IMG]
    Guawi
    [​IMG]

Got some thinning out to do in the center of the plants, and maybe gonna have to tie down some tops later, then it's pretty good to go.
    Plants are smelling great, stem rubs give me all kinds of new scents. Chomping at the bit to harvest something..... I'm dry as a bone, getting to the low point where I pull out old pre rolls from my old company - then re-roll them properly LOL
    Pity me!

Have a great weekend neighbors!
    Finally getting the kiddos a sleepover at the G-parent's place - so mommy and daddy can finally get out and cause some trouble!

• Like Like x 2
  19. Wednesday 7.11

This heat wave hasn't stopped but the temperatures have dropped to 95F for a few days. The plants had some leaf damage, especially the C99. It sits right across from the wall and the reflected light during the 114 F day fried her. The growth on all the plants has slowed. All had let a few leaves go yellow and they dropped a few. Guess they got hungry after the beating. Yesterday I fed the plants fish hydrolysate with yucca. Then today I cleared out the weak lower and inner branches and any dying growth.

Queen Mother
    [​IMG]
    C99
    [​IMG]
    Panama x Bangi Haze
    [​IMG]
    Kali China
    [​IMG]
    Guawi
    [​IMG]
    The Guawi is bushy and I want to open up the plant a bit. I did the same with the Kali China.
    [​IMG]
    Pulled the four main colas through the fencing to spread open the middle. Now I can see down into the plant from above.
    Shakas friends!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Seems to be doing well in the heat. People grow maters with those style cages lol.

I figured you would appreciate a couple bud shots

Panama
    20180712_001809.jpg

Malawi x PCK 20180713_200727.jpg

Haze x Kali China 20180712_001832.jpg

• Like Like x 3