PoiBoy's Sun & Soil Chronicles (in the Dirt Hole)

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by PoiBoy79, Mar 18, 2018.

1. Wednesday 6.19.19

Started an alfalfa tea for the girls a couple days ago. I soak 1 Cup of alfalfa meal with 1 gallon water. Let it sit on my patio with the cover sitting on top, and shook it up every now and then. Today I strained it out and added some fresh aloe. Then I added water until I had 5 gallons.

[​IMG]

Got saponins?
    [​IMG]
    There's a good amount of baby grasshoppers, thrips, and baby leaf hoppers, so I need to get the plants' resistance up. I also wanted to get these plants growing quick. These two ingredients provide both. I also added more vermicompost and sprinkled some MBP. I watered that in with the alfalfa/aloe tea and also gave a foliar feed with the tea. Alfalfa dregs went to the worms.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  2. I get some prayers passing through every year but they rarely stay longer than a few days. I have lots of gardens around me, so we get everything. I've though of buying some eggs, but honestly things balance themselves back here. Only thing I MUST control are budworms.
    I have a new pack of lizards that have shown up this year. Each time I pass by they're like, "fuck you!" and start doing push ups on the wood pile lol.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. These are the lizards: Western fence lizard - Wikipedia
    Seems they eat grasshoppers, and mosquitos among other insects. That's interesting because here in SoCal we have a new infestation of a certain Asian mosquito. Here's a cool factoid - Lyme disease is less common in areas with these lizards because when an infested tick bites them, they have a protein in their blood that kills the bacterium causing Lyme disease in the tick's gut - curing the tick of lyme disease....dats cool AF

• Like Like x 5
  4. Monday 6.24

So the girls are looking alright, although the weather is strange.
    When I fed them the tea last week, we got a rain the next day so I feel they got a little waterlogged.
    Been letting them dry out a bit and they seem to like it.

Bubba hash
    [​IMG]
    Lilly - did some weird mutant leafs out of one side of a node with variegation. The node above went all freaky and it neglected one growth tip. She's a freak!
    [​IMG]
    Killer A5 Haze
    [​IMG]
    P×H
    [​IMG]
    Zamaldelica #1 - she is growing slow AF and her nodes are maybe 1 inch. She stinks too. Looks to be a bushy one
    [​IMG]
    Zamaldelica #3 - way bigger and much faster than her sister, looks like a completely different plant.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  5. Hey, PoiBoy, how are things for you? Has your weather straightened out over the last few weeks to give your girls some sun?

• Like Like x 2
  6. I'm just seeing your last post. I don't know why I get no notifications for you. I have hit follow, subscribe, watch thread or whatever multiple times. So about your lily girl, my lily is doing the exact same thing. Weird. It looks rough.

• Like Like x 1
  7. @baconman1945 and @michganman

Weather got real warm. Plants are healthy but kinda small. I've barely taken care of the plants this year. I'll post some pics when I get the chance. Mm, the Lily does random mutant shit, then gets back on track like nuthin' happened - weird batch of seeds...proof is in the buds
    I got into an accelerated school program and I'm busy everyday, it's even hard to remember to water these plants. Can't wait to graduate and get licensed so I can make some real cash - then I'll grow some real trees in my own garden! Hope you all are doing great grows this year!

• Like Like x 4
  8. #269 PoiBoy79, Aug 24, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
    Saturday 8.24.19

Howzit neighbors
    The Zam #3 and Bubba Hash #3 have been showing bud formations since early in the month. The Lilly began making them a week ago. All the others are still stretching.
    Bubba Hash
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Zamaldelica #3 - easily the biggest plant. I think it's time to remix some my soil mixes in all the other pots, I suspect it contributed to the slower growth of all the other plants. This particular pot has the newest soil mix that I made last year when I repotted all my plants from 20 gallons to the 45 gallons. All the other pots have the new soil mix added around the existing 20 gallon mix and you can easily see the difference in compaction.
    [​IMG]
    Zamaldelica #1 - My stinky bonsai plant
    [​IMG]

Panama x Honduras - stretchy open structure, no pruning needed for the most part. Stinky
    [​IMG]

Killer A5 - another bonsai, also stinky
    [​IMG]
    Lilly - the mutant

[​IMG]

The plants are small but I'm happy with the health. Looking forward to seeing the buds develop. Irie vibes!

• Like Like x 5
  9. Thursday 8.29.19

Closing up August with some nice growth. The plants are growing fast now.

Bubba Hash is starting to pack the resin in - and right on cue I found a shitload of cattie eggs all over the cola
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Zam #3
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Honduras × Panama - getting too tall so I bent the top over. The stems are super hollow
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Zam#1
    [​IMG]
    A5 Killer
    [​IMG]
    Lilly
    [​IMG]
    Happy gardening neighbors!

• Like Like x 5
  10. They look great, PoiBoy! Nice, vibrant green. How is it comparing the smells?

• Like Like x 4
  11. @baconman1945

Howzit bacon - thanks, I'm happy with the health on the girls.
    The zam#3 has just begun to emit a sweet tropical fruit smell, I'm interested to see how it develops when she starts packing on the resin.
    The Lilly doesn't have much of a smell yet. Although she is supposed to be a terp bomb of pineapple, and tropical smells - time will tell.
    The Bubba Hash has a bitter cedar smell on the stem rub, and the flowers have a sweet savory funky smell to them.... very interesting, and not something I'm totally used to, since I have only grown a few indica dominant plants. This one is surely the most broad leafed variety I've grown. I'm impressed so far, she is tough even though her leaves are tacoing a little.
    The H×p, A5 killer, and Zam#1 all have that classic weed stink (all through veg) and dont have one bud formation yet.

• Like Like x 4
  12. That's great! Thanks for sharing. The zam#3 sounds tasty -I'm curious to hear how the smell develops too! I'm probably gonna have a couple zamaldelicas in my next flower cycle. Just started two Bangi Hazes.

Looking forward to hearing more about your garden as it develops! Hope all is well, otherwise

• Like Like x 3
  13. I grew the Panama x Banghi Haze last year, and that stuff smells like tangy sweet multivitamins! The high is excellent. I think it was slightly more energetic than straight Ace Panama, for myself it's creative weed. I think Bangi Haze is one I'd like to grow sometime.

• Like Like x 3
  14. We took down the Chinese Elm we've had in the backyard all this time. Plus side is sun nearly all day long for these girls.
    [​IMG]
    SoCal sun!!

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Fucken nice. Zam #3 is a beautiful christmas tree. Excellent sun exposure, love those clear blue skies.

My GT have 4-7 more weeks and Tikals have 4ish to go. One thai leaning GT is very resinous, has dank fruity smells, and doesn't even look half done at week 7 lol. I was checkin your guawi posts on IC, freakin beauts. I may have to drop a few soon. Although zamaldelica x kc looks to be a terp bomb and is calling my name. Was your guawi a tikal x malawi or Guatemala x Malawi? I've got the new ones which are tikal x Malawi.

Purple haze x malawi might be a strain you'd like. Ace got me on that 2x1 sale lol.

Here's my best fruity tikal
    20190826_173700.jpg

Golden Tigers
    20190829_001907.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  16. #277 PoiBoy79, Aug 31, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2019
    Thanks sacredsoil! Didn't know you were on IC too - same name?
    Those GTs look great!! That Tikal looks tasty! I like the description of the effects Tikal brings. Once you smoke this crop please share a smoke report! I've been meaning to jump on those GTs but I had to do the Zam first. They would yield fat I bet...

The Guawis I grew were also the newer version with the Tikal. They were an absolute pleasure to grow. Potent stuff too, everyone who's tried it makes a point to tell me. But most of the Ace strains have surprised people with their strength. The Kali China, which is supposed to be bred for taste, not necessarily potency - gets people every time. More than a few have told me it's the best all-around weed they've ever tried. Dubi mentioned my plant was a f3-4 sativa leaning pheno.

I almost went with the Zam×Kali, looks and sounds delicious! Maybe next round. The Red Sapphire has my eye as well. The Purple Haze×Malawi could be a candidate too, but I haven't tried that awesome Malawi×PCK you recommended yet. Fook I hate only growing 6 plants a year!

• Like Like x 3
  17. I recognized your fence and wall lol. I browse IC because of the Ace section but never have registered. I may have to though. I'm rerunning my malawi x pck clone I have in my 5x5, but have another ten beans from the sale lol, likely to be saved for later. It was too good of a deal haha.

Hopeully the law changes to allow more plants. You really need a good 5-10 just to select the best of the litter to clone. There should be a garden size instead of plant count per person amendment or something. Course that might not be better. God, I hate bureaucracy. Are medical growers allowed to have higher plant counts?

Will do with the smoke reports. Also want to run the zamaldelica, in due time, but I am thinking of running the faster flowering strains first. Thinking of doing the shorter flowers in 2 galloners and the longer flowers in 3's to select phenotypes. Got like 12+ ace strains I want to run lmao.

• Like Like x 3
  18. I believe in my area med card holders are supposed to have higher plant counts. In Cali everything varies from city/county. I stay at 6, but if I could I'd have a veg area to do selections and keep the good ones...hoping that becomes a reality, I really want to pollen chuck.
    You got a grow journal?

• Like Like x 2
  19. No, but I should make one. My state not being cool yet has deterred me some. I really want to make crosses with violeta, zamaldelica, and purple satellite some day.

• Like Like x 1