PoiBoy's Sun & Soil Chronicles (in the Dirt Hole)

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by PoiBoy79, Mar 18, 2018.

1. That's pretty cool! Do you find that there is enough time in flower to both produce pollen from a lower node and use that pollen to pollinate an upper flower and have the plant produce viable seeds?

I've read a little about selfing with colloidal silver, but I've never done it. I just assumed that I'd have to use two clones. Get pollen from one, and pollinate the second.

• Like Like x 2
  2. I have had accidental hermi plants(fem seeds) from light controller issues, and have crossed a couple strains but have never done colloidal silver feminizing. The little banna dicks pop out between the bud formations and the plants seed themselves with their own gentics. Ill try to do it right and send out some gift packages to you guys if it works right.

• Like Like x 3
  3. That's very generous, thank you! I've seen and collected seeds from nanners from late harvests too.

I'm eager to hear your thoughts after as you progress with this and after you complete it -things you'll do differently and the same next time. Do you have a thread that you update?

• Like Like x 3
  4. Hell yeah MM Franken up some he-bitches for our toke stable

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Yea, heres my journal. I update like once or twice a week. Ill start including those 2 plants there and here. I haven't put those in my journal because they were looking like crap and I caused it haha. Im curious, can I take the pollen from kali china and hit the lilly with it and vice versa? Im not sure if it works that way. Like, create a feminized cross of the two as well?

• Like Like x 3
  6. Hahaha fair enough!

I can't speak from experience, but I'd imagine that that would work and produce fem seeds, based on my understanding of the process and what I've read (inserted journal link from another forum; seems that only one plant is needed for both pollen and seeds!). Another reason for me to follow your journal and see what happens!

• Like Like x 1
  7. #247 PoiBoy79, Jun 14, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
    Brrrrrooo, Kali China vs Lilly would be a terp bomb, that sounds super delicious, assuming of course Lilly tastes and smells as good as I've heard - I can vouch for KC

8. Then they got a date, and their putting out whether they want to our not.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. #249 PoiBoy79, Jun 14, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
    Lol I tried to post a meme but I suck with mmmputers
    Anyway that had me rollin MM

• Like Like x 1
  10. download (4).jpeg

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  11. chapter-one-dating-memes-2.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  12. Checking out the cure on my Reina Madre aka Queen Mother. I keep them on the bone with no haircut - turkey bags in food grade buckets with gamma lids. I think this stuff will last for years.
    Floral, fruity, sweet, buttery smell - so delicious. Her high is energetic, friendly, and happy. Like smoking sunshine - everyone who's tried it comments on how it's a strong happy buzz...very pleased with how it turned out.
    20190614_212855.jpg 20190614_213109.jpg

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
  13. Wow that looks god damn delicious.

• Like Like x 2
  14. #254 PoiBoy79, Jun 18, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
    Monday 6.17.19

Happy Monday gardeners! Finally got around to picking the final 6 plants. I put the plants through hell to see who could handle it best. Some of my early picks were based on how vigorously they grew out of the gate, but my criteria demand plants that can take abuse since I will be spending the bare minimum in the garden this year.
    The plants sat in the heat for a week in tiny 6 inch pots. I purposefully didn't adjust them to the full sun when bringing them from my patio (4hrs full sun), and almost all of them got sun damage.
    These are the losers.
    20190617_130136.jpg
    Ahead are the winners:
    Zam#3 - This is my bro's pick from the bunch. Healthy plant, and grows fast. 20190617_130130.jpg Zam#1 - not my original pick because it grows kinda slow and the nodes are tight. Does seem to put a lot of growth into the roots, and handled the heat real good. She's a small stinky warrior - I'll take it. 20190617_130147.jpg Honduras × Panama # 2 - super vigorous grower that's easily the biggest plant and stinks bad. This one has been through hell and still lived, iunno why I treated it extra bad but I did.
    20190617_130202.jpg
    Killer A5 Haze #1- this one looked like it grew the most even of the Killers. I was looking for one that was more squat and less haze-like in structure, think I found it. 20190617_130220.jpg
    Lilly #2 - this grew so slow in the beginning. The new growth is great and I want it to get big quick since its supposedly a fast finisher.
    20190617_130234.jpg
    Bubba Hash #3 - this is the youngest of the hash plants but it outgrew the other two. It has those fat leaves, I want a real afghani in this hole lol
    20190617_130251.jpg
    After I took the pics of the plants I top-dressed the pots with my finished vermicompost. It is fluffy
    20190617_133213.jpg
    Put pups of an aloe plant I've had in a pot for 14 years into the ground last season. Looks different than the mother plant, I'll be using it for teas and sprays this grow.
    20190617_134330.jpg
    Peace from the dirt up friends!

• Like Like x 5
  15. Nice looking grow! I started some seeds outside in some 90-100 degree weather looking for something to take the abuse also.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  16. Thanks @MidwestMover - toughness is underrated for indoor but crucial for a smooth outdoor grow.
    What strains you got in the stable?

• Like Like x 1
  17. Right now I have Dragons blood hashplant, Jungle Spice, blue Mystic and some autos. I lost my cuts off the DBHP and Jungle Spice so I’m gonna take flowering cuts next week to try and keep clones of each plant so when I smoke it I still have it for later. I have toms seeds so I may try a new strain next to replace the blue mystic even though she has great structure and can take the wind outside.

• Like Like x 2
  18. If Bodhi sold Fem seeds I'd be all over it, his strains sound really interesting. I like how he adds some landrace blood into his lines, cool shit.
    I'm seeing more feminized offerings by US breeders...just wish they'd do the 3 and 5 seed pack deals the Euros do. Anyone try some CSI Humboldt, Dominion, Ethos, or Mass Medical strains gear?

• Like Like x 1
  19. I get all my seeds off OG. They have tons of stuff to try and experiment. I would go with Mass Medical seeds I’ve listened to him in podcasts before. I looked at ethos and they’re all r1. So they just got two clones reversed one and then made a strain. CSI seems legit. I’ve never heard of dominion is that the skunk guy from that name?

• Like Like x 1
  20. Interesting, think I'll swing by OG and take a look.
    Yes, Dominion Skunk = Duke Diamond, who's also 1/2 of the reformed Bros. Grimm.
    All the DD and Dominion stuff is @Seedsherenow exclusively. So they work with the Cindy/apollo,genius lines,G13,chem,romulan etc., and make some old throwback crosses like space queen

• Like Like x 2