PoiBoy's Sun & Soil Chronicles (in the Dirt Hole)

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by PoiBoy79, Mar 18, 2018.

1. She'll be alright. It wont stop raining here. And its going to rain the next week straight. My plants are also finishing quicker than I thought. Im half tempted to chop what i can. Its a tough call. Worst end to a season ever. Last year it was still 70's during the day and sunshine almost every day. Now its 55 and rainy most days. Im taking all day today to think over whether Im going to chop tonight or not. Which ill have to do in the dark, and rain.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Yeah it'll be fine. Not used to seeing amber this early. Now you have real issues, I'm just being a whiner haha. Hope that weather changes a little for you brother. Best luck!

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

3. Wednesday 10.10

Howzit neighbors!
    Got the Kali China and C99 still drying in the room that's chillin at a steady 65f/ 68% rh. I'm positive I'll get at least a 14 day dry, then the plan is to wrap garbage bags around them until they moisten up, take bags off and dry again, and so on until they are ready to be put in containers to continue curing without having to burp.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    In the garden, it looks like Queen Mother is the most ripe, followed closely by the Panama x Bangi Haze.

Queen Mother - buds are packing on that final weight!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Panama x Bangi Haze
    Smelling like lemon musk with a spice-cabinet zing and a hint of piss. Yum? Haha
    [​IMG]
    Croptober is shaping up nicely friends! Irie vibes!

• Like Like x 2
  4. Thats a beautiful mountain backdrop for that one plant picture. Mouthwatering photos man.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thanks brother - gotta have my mountains to feel right!

So, you all chopped down and drying out the plants MM?

6. Naw, i still have multiple plants in the ground. Ya know, out of all those seeds i sprouted and kept the females, and the variations and what not, theres a couple plants out there that seem to be impervious to the rot. Too bad they are lacking in other ways though. The plants are large and sturdy but the buds are small and very dense. As for the others, I have tossed a couple lbs already from bud rot. But i got a good harvest so just rolling with the punches and being greatful. Still raining here by the way wtf

• Like Like x 1
  7. Oh good you still got some ripening...does that include the personals? Wonder how those turned out.
    Interesting, are these bot-beaters phenos from hybrid #1? Would you cross it to a big yielder?
    Sorry to hear you lost so much weed bro. Can't believe you grow weed underwater man...I guess you're a kelp farmer lol

8. Friday 10.12

Happy Friday!

It marks the 13th day the Kali China has been drying, and the 11th for the C99. The outsides feel dry and the stems are still a lil' bendy, so it's time for both of them to start the cure. I bunched up the buds of similar size on the lines and pulled garbage bags up over them, pushing most of the air out and tying a loose knot. So each bag is like a big jar that I "burp" after the buds feel a bit moist again.
    [​IMG]
    Found a Japanese Beetle grub. They are better than possums at playing dead. Ugly too haha
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  9. Look like I may have to start trimming tomorrow. First rain came down and broke a branch on the Queen Mother. Now we have heavy and dry winds here in SoCal - broke a branch on the Panama x Bangi Haze and tore open the window to my dry room. These winds brought 9%rh! When I got into the room it had dropped to 25%rh.
    Thank my luck for having the plastic bags around the buds. That's the only thing that saved them. I don't have a humidifier, so I had to get caveman...I got my mister and dampened the drapes and the drop cloth in the room. Also placed a fan over a tote full of water. Within 45 min I got it up to 56%rh.
    Think I dodged a bullet.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I decided to not hang as long and put into boxes like brass does. I tried hanging in closet with humidifier. Decided that could cause issues. So just try to control humidity in my humidor

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  11. Supposed to be 20's%rh until Sunday. I'm gonna have to fight the ambient humidity in the house....that'll be tough to do all week. I'm probably gonna snip the buds off the branches into airtight containers already.
    A humidor is stylin' papa - bet that'll keep things in the sweet spot.

12. Yeah you can really control it a little bit better I put like a AAA Battery in between the lid just to keep it from molding I can definitely slow down the process[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. Nice nugs puff daddy-o
    What's the strain?

14. Blueberry seedsman

• Like Like x 1
  15. Saturday 10.20

Howzit grow fam! It's harvest time for the Queen Mother and the Panama x Bangi Haze. I'll be waking up early tomorrow and chopping them both.
    Both are looking good! The Kali China and the C99 are dry enough to smoke but are curing now. Stretching the process extra long and the weed smells amazing! My best work by a long shot.
    Here's some rando shots

Colonel approved
    [​IMG]
    4 Musketeers
    [​IMG]
    Burping bags
    [​IMG]
    Get a bigger scale stoopid
    [​IMG]
    Didn't think to take a pic before I put it in the bag (Kali China)
    [​IMG]
    Blessings and see you post harvest bruddahs and sistahs!

• Like Like x 1
  16. #196 PoiBoy79, Oct 22, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
    Sunday 10.21
    Checked yesterday and the plants looked super ready after the winds knocked them around a few days ago. They got that perma-sag. Smells are at their peak and so is resin production - chop um'! Went to the garden before sunrise and cut down the Queen Mother and Panama x Bangi Haze.

Queen Mother smells like Sweet grape flowers and warm spices. Super tough branches and fat tops filled with resin!
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Panama x Bangi Haze smells like lemons, parsnips, soap, and piss! Buds are much denser than they appear. Smells potent!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Nice harvest!
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    All that's left is the two Guawis!
    The dry room is awesome! Never had such terpy flowers!
    I will be experimenting with a Malawi style cob cure for portions of each the Queen Mother, PxBH, and both Guawis.
    Exciting times ahead - a hui ho from the dirt hole!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Wednesday 10.24

My brother harvested his plant - the Guawi#2 this morning. I didn't get any shots, since I wasn't there. Was kinda a last minute decision to harvest, ripeness kinda crept up on us. She smelled beautiful, like fruity fresh plumeria flowers. Real nice light green buds with sharp leaves. Nice trichome coverage!
    So now it's the Guawi#3 left all alone. Fed her the budwash dunk water from her sister along with molasses. Thinking it'll be about 2 - 3 weeks to finish.

The dry room
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  18. Saturday 10.27

Howzit neighbors! So I started curing the Queen Mother and Panama x Bangi Haze using the Malawi-Cob cure. The plants had been hanging 5 days when I began two days ago. They were both moist still and the buds were pliable.
    I started a thread "Experiments in Cannabis Curing" where I'll share more in detail. Feel free to pop in and share any methods of your own.
    Anyway the basic idea of cobbing is to compress and sweat your still-moist buds with low heat to stew the buds in there own juice, vac seal in a bag (preventing mold) then let it ferment in said juices until you are happy with the level of ferment, then to dry and age it the same way you would jar cure. The vacuum seal bags and controlled temperatures are the main improvement upon the traditional technique. After I sweated the cobs, I opened the bag and smelled this sweet bitter citrus rind and weed smell....I felt a little caution - exciting!

[​IMG]
    Put about 50grams moist and roughly trimmed buds in each corn husk (fresh).
    [​IMG]
    Compressed the herb and tied tightly with butcher's twine.
    [​IMG]
    Putting a whole top in the bag for the same treatment minus the cob.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Here's the QM cobs after the sweat, including a "canary bud" in each bag.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Super exciting stuff - searching for the trip weed! Irie vibes Ohana!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Wow me intrigued

• Like Like x 1
  20. Got the Panama cobs out of the sweat today...Looks groovy AF. Smelled crazy when I opened the bag - like sweet and bitter lemon rind, pine, soap, and incense. Almost caught wood lol
    [​IMG]
    The top when it came out of the bag
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Guawi#2 cob
    [​IMG]
    Sweated cob/fresh cob
    [​IMG]
    After sweat and 2 hr dry I vac'd and sealed the cobs and top. Now I wait while they ferment.
    [​IMG]
    Last plant standing - Guawi#3....maybe two weeks left
    [​IMG]
    Peekaboo I taste you
    [​IMG]
    That's finger lickin'!

• Like Like x 1