Plz help with my nutes issue!! Too much waste!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by log1co, Dec 18, 2012.

1. I'm sure most of you have problems with the GO line, but I got the starter kit in a rush and without other options.

I have ONE baby, a week old, and she looks pretty good. Since I'm using distilled water and "organics" potting mix, I want to at least begin the CaMg++ treatments for now. But the feeding chart goes by how many mL of concentrate to mix per GALLON of water. Even if I scale down 5 mL/gal to 1 mL/0.2 gal (0.2 gal = ~0.75 L), it's still something like double the volume of water I give her in a watering. I don't let the water run off because as it is, that watering takes 2-3 days to dry up.

So, what do I do? If I scale down to less than 1 mL I have no way of measuring such a small liquid volume. But if I use the 1 mL formula I'll have a cup and a half of solution (both nutes AND water) wasted every week. That's a 50% rate of waste, something I can't tolerate.

Suggestions PLEASE? I tried searching everywhere, and aerating my solution for 2 days is out of the question.

PS my kit was missing the instructions booklet.

Attached Files:

2. get a 16 oz measuring cup.

thats 8 of those per gallon. divide the amount by 8.

thats 1. now use 1/2 to 1/4 of that.

i dont mess around with this kind of stuff. i use an all purpose organic 1-1-1 feed once before i plant (mix soil with it) and then once during flower. it suggests every 8 weeks, so i do it every ~10

my feed is composted manure (along with the fugus and bacteria thats decomposing it), bone meal and feather meal

when you put compost into soil, itll populate the whole soil in 48hrs if conditions are right

3. #3 log1co, Dec 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2012
    Thanks for the reply. That's a great suggestion for reducing my total solution volume.

However the issue isn't reducing the amount of water, but rather reducing the nutrient accordingly. I can surely measure 1/8th of a gallon, but I don't know how to measure 1/8th of 5 mL. The smallest I can measure via household items is 1 mL.

I can't be the only person who purchased one of these kits for a single plant soil grow???

4. Mix up a gallon of it and only use how much you use in a normal watering, put the cap back on the gallon jug and keep it. Shake it up again before the next feeding.

5. According to the manufacturer, that's not an option. It says to use within 1 hour of mixing, or aerate until used. Check the image I attached, the "tips" under the chart.

Air pump and air stone etc. is out of the question for me.

6. Rest assured I'm all for 100% organic, and I do understand the potential (or certain) lack in 'organicness' in the GO line products.

Ideally, I would do the same as you. A good natural, organic, compost soil mix and r/o or distilled water. Not much else needed other than good light. I will eventually be able to carry these goals out, til then I'll have to deal with the next best thing. Plain organic potting mix + distilled water + light feeding of the GO products + damn good flush at the end.

7. im sorry log1co, i cant figure the math out. maybe you should just eyeball it out. this is what i did with my vigoro (when i wasnt organic) and it didnt harm it.

it said 1 teaspoon for 1 gallon, so i would need 16 parts of a teaspoon for a cup. and then i took a bit less than that.

8. Hmm so you say you merely eyed out one of those 16 parts of a teaspoon?

9. yeah... lol

10. both of them died basically. not becuase of that though. because of a lot of other things LOL

ive got the knub left of one

11. Lol alright man thanks for the insight and input. I guess maybe I'll try my first feeding tomorrow by eyeing out half of 1 mL measurement.

12. #12 bmeat, Dec 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2012
    whenever you try and get that deeply involved, you fuck stuff up with the plant lol. other species shouldnt be involved with the natural process or else it gets worse in some way. but we always do that in life so we except it. we wouldnt have breeders to even get anything from, that would suck..maybe its just a necessary part

mine were BRIGHT green from the chemical haha.

just like how killing off the male hormone, direct destruction of dna with a heavy metal is safe. make sure you shoot the metal directly at the testes of the plant. its a hermie, thats why its in its gene pool now.

they say the feminized seed is safe though.

i dont believe that stress can cause hermies either, i think its literally what they do to make feminized seeds. either you have one or you dont. does anyone have any literature about direct stress making hermie?

[​IMG]

13. It's a cost of business, dumping extra nutes. If you can't break it down any further than 1 ml at a time, then that's what you have to work with. A lot of us have self-sustaining grows and think nothing of ditching half-full bottles, much less a quart or two of nutrient water.

If you went full organic, mixing your own soil and making your own teas, you would be able to use and re-use every bit. I pour the extra from my teas into my next batch of soil, as well as my compost pile.

14. I guess you're right. Surely, I have no "business" going on :smoking: however I guess it is simply the cost of bottled nutes on a microgrow.

I've known of the efficiency and effectiveness of mixing my own soil, but now I just can't wait until my next grow so I can try it out :D

Holy crap, I can't imagine what you possibly did to that thing lol

15. A lot of stupid thing. See how the one glows unnaturally with chemicals