plz help , quick cloning q

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by vampirehunter40, Mar 27, 2007.

1. i just cloned some of my plants and need to know if i should leave some water in the tray so that the bottom of the rockwool is in water?

2. no, you don't want your cubes wicking up water. get a spray bottle and spray the cubes with ph'd water as they need it. think of the cubes as your growing medium. you don't want that sitting in a puddle of water either.

3. so true growbot .... most of the time when people don't have success cloning is that there blocks are soggy and soaking wet .... and they basically drown the roots ..... when you soak your blocks before cloning flick them dry ... don't squeeze them ... you should be able to shake them without any water dripping out ... then put your slips in ... and from then on just keep them moist and damp only .... personally i like to bury my blocks in a bed of perlite and keep the bed of perlite just moist and damp ... as the roots grow out of the blocks they grow into the perlite ... when iam ready to use them i just dunk them in water which floats all the perlite away ... leaving just a little block with lots of roots .... i recirculate using expanded clay so i hate big blocks ... big wet mash always around the colar of your plant sucks :)