Plz help my babies, ph run-off problem

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by healingLeaf, Mar 9, 2008.

1. My ph run-off is at about 8.0 and im pretty sure thats why im having problems. Whats the most effective way to lower the ph of my soil?

2. to first lower the pH of your water would be the direction to go. you need to adjust your water so it comes out at your desired level

3. so i should flush with 6.5 ph water untill the run-off is where i want it to be?

4. Search the forums dude, or google it up. You'll find any answer you need on growing marijuana between those two.

5. pretty much all soil affects pH one way or another. for example. say that your soil lowers water pH by about .5 - if your target pH is 6.5 - and your soil affects your water by lowering the pH by .5 then youd need to adjust your pH to 7.0

so your run-off would be about 6.5 - you have to take in account the affects of your soil to the pH levels of your water. id just make up a couple of gallons of pH balanced water to say 6.5 start flushing it through your pots, see what your runoff is. if you get say 8.0 runoff after balancing your water to 6.5 you know that your soil is raising your pH by 1.5

so then with a target of 6.5 - youd want to make your water up at 5.0pH so it balances out to 6.5

now since i saved you some time searching gimme +rep ;) lol

6. sounds good dbonics, ty