Plucking Buds early

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by frozen, Sep 16, 2007.

1. yeah like i said something i Did when i was 13 and couldnt wait to enjoy a toke.

ive done it before and it made my weed suck tasted like burnt grass.

Andrew

2. this is insane i just took a bottom clipping off my plant last night thats insane

3. hahah im rly baked and read this whole thread, and i just have to say.. andrew you got fucked up

4. :devious:yea andrew:devious:
    :cool:dont question C-lo:cool:

5. resistance is futile. don't try to resist. Get a dehydrator and you can be smokin within the hour.

6. "Don't question C-lo".....thats some funny shit
    You must have Cable...lol :D

7. im pritty sure microwaves only heat the wetness
    so them crystals will be fizine.
    if you question me ah
    freeze some soup make sure its rock hard and heat it for 30 secs shit will b rock hard still

8. okok i got two plants that are about a week or two from being cut ddown and i really cant wait, this microve theory sounds interesting and i an willing to try anyone has detalied instructions on how to do so i would appreciate it

9. yeah wrap your weed in tinfoil and put it in the microwave for 420 seconds.

If you are that much of a burnout that you cant wait a few days to dry your weed like its supposed to be dried I really feel sorry for you.

AndrewBUD

10. why can't he wantto get high today andd go through with it? honestly he's probably smoking for the high more than the taste. if you have ever smoked anything other than the finest of dank it's the same thing he did from one perspective... not to mention the fact that i still don't understand why you care so much. :confused:

11. i would just take a sample instead of taking the hole plants and microwaving them
    that would take a long time and a pain in the ass
    just take a gram worth and microwave 5 secs roll that into a blunt and should burn nice and long
    if you need more it shouldnt be to much of a problem to microwave a little piece but a hole friggin plant would be trouble

12. It only takes a day or too and its bone dry, specially if its in a nice warm enviroment.

13. hey andrewbud i cant believe that someone from canada is giving someone s##t about their drying methods. ware im from the most undried and uncured bud comes from CANADA!!:mad:

14. hey andrew:wave:
    ummm:rolleyes:.....first off, your really comming across as an asshole buddy, you get all high and mighty because you respond to a couple peoples posts, with informatioin that could have easily been obtained through google, and on top of that you critisise and judge based on your noobie knowlege...not to mention you post pics of your plants in others peoples threads (wich i think is verry rude)
    secondly
    who are you to tell people how to enjoy themselfs.....if someone goes about doing something that isnt exactly what YOU would have done in the same situation, theres no need to get on your high horse and actually try to discourage someone and make them feel bad.....i dont know about you but thats not what i beleive the G.C. forums are about man
    lastly
    and again, if you dont agree with someones method of actions...you have every right to put your two cents in about what you might have done in the same situtaion...thats why we have the forums....but when alot of more experienced people in that area are dissagreeing with you...these no need to get defensive and start ranking on everyone, acting like your fukin jorge cervantes with your vast knowlege of growing
    One more thing
    If i did microwave a bud for myself, and it was what i wantted at the time, and it made me happy, why would you try to take that away from me
    Long story short man
    loosen up bro
    its not a gook look on you

15. HELL YES CHRIS LOPEZ!!! I am so with you on everything you said. and i think lots other people on G.C. are too!

16. yea word

on the matter at hand

I would have to agree with andrew on this one,

although using a microwave isnt bad because it vaporizes the thc

it does dry the buds too fast which is a problem in its self

instant drying, no matter how its done depreciates potency, burnability and most of all flavor.

quick dry buds smell like grass/ hay and have too many sugars and minerals in them to burn properly.

properly drying and curing also promises all parts of the bud will be equally dry.

I usually quick dry a bit just for an early taste
    but def dont do it to the whole crop

17. Actually most growers do this, its good to sample bud at different stages, especialy when growing a new strain, every strain is different. I like to get a nice euphric high, so i usualy harvest pretty early anyway, but i always take at least 2 grams to sample, usualy a full lower branch that isnt exposed to sun, but developed enough to actually see what the other budsites are up to.
    As for microwaveing the spoils, nothing wrong with that either, its going to taste and smell like shit, but as long as you do short bursts, i usualy do a minute, and about half power.. HALF POWER thats important, you should lose to many trichs, high temps in the microwave cause trichs to burst, thats what causes potencey loss and shitty taste.
    I make alittle steamer, put the bud on a papertowel, inside a tupperware (glad, whatever) containeer, put two wet papertowels over it, put the lid on overtop, leave one edge open to let steam out... usualy takes about 5 times on half power for a minute each until you have some pretty nice bud, dry but still moist enough not to crumble in your hand.

18. Wow, I had no idea. I never meant to be rude when I post pictures in a thread...to all whose thread I responded to, Sorry.

19. Andrew you got toasted guy, let it drop my man
    I dried a couple of grams of my plant yesterday, I did'nt use a microwave, I heated the oven up on like the lowest setting possible, once it reached heat I put grass on a clean baking tray, put it in and left the oven door wide open, took about an hour to dry out, turned it now and again and reheated oven once during that hour, grass smoked OK, tasted reasonable, and got a nice uplifting buzz off it.
    I know someone (proberly Andrew) will say that "Thats wrong because blah, blah, blah......", but I was wanting to know how she was coming on, quite nicely I think, can't wait for rest now, I don't see anything wrong with wanting to try abit like there and then, if the mood takes you then do it.
    Anyone else done it in the oven???, can't be as hot as the microwave, not on the lowest setting anyway, but hey I might try the microwave next time..

20. He grew some nice looking pot and put it in the microwave......

would you buy a car and smash it into a pole two minutes after on purpose?

AndrewBUD