Pls help! Not sure what's up!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Samwiseganjaa, Apr 19, 2019.

1. Hi guys, see pictures below - not sure if overwatered or nitrogen problems maybe?

Set up:

LED 600w
    Indoor grow using compost medium with added John innes.
    Not done any feeding yet other than regular watering
    Strain is Royal Haze auto _20190415_191857.JPG _20190415_192014.JPG

2. Hard to say, over and underwatering look kinda the same, only you know for sure. Check your soil to see if it's completely soaked or still some what dry. You can also check it by lifting your pots

3. Ive had watering problems a lot with this grow so far. I gave them a good watering about a week and a half ago, and then started to see the clawing. So I haven't watered them since. Have been waiting for it to dry out and see if it starts looking better. I had something similar 4-5 weeks ago but I put the clawing down to head and wind burn.

4. tooooooo much water! yeowza

5. Not sure what medium you are in or pot size. But in my experience a plant that size should need about a quart of water every 4 days.

Water slow.

6. Plants thrive when the soil moisture is 12~40%. Get a cheap $5 moisture meter. Good luck.

7. Pot is 5 gallons in size and I'm using a high nutrient soil/compost mix. It's dry again now, I've used a wood stick to test the soil right to the bottom and it's come out dry - should I water or wait a few more days? Really need to get some more gear so I can test the soil moisture levels etc!

8. Over watering will cause those droopy leave's to wrinkle aka; speed humps.

Under watering the "leave's" and there "stem's" will droop together and also be normally flat. That's how you can tell from over & under watering.

• Like Like x 1
  9. No you don’t need anything to measure moisture content. If it’s a soil mix all you have to do is lift the pot and if it’s very light you water, if it’s heavy or has some weight to it then leave it.

Normally I water every 4 days. 4 days is my sweet spot. Find out how much water your medium can hold without draining and that’s exactly how much you should be feeding.

“Lift...Think...Water””

10. Hi guys, thanks for your help so far. One plant seems to be slowly recovering now but the other is not...
    Dying leaves and even more curling etc - I've repotted it as nothing I tried seemed to be working and leaving it seemed to only make it worse (I was holding off watering as looked like I had been overwatering)

Please see images below

_20190424_171854.JPG _20190424_171926.JPG _20190424_171948.JPG

11. It looks like they need water. How heavy is the pot right now? Is it super light? Also is there any perlite in your soil? Does it have enough drainage and aeration? How much water do you give it when you water?

12. Yeah it's feeling pretty light so might just need a watering now. No perlite in my soil but I'm using fabric pots which I heard were good for that and I've punched in extra holes so should have good drainage and airation. When I repotted it I noticed the roots were light brown in colour and quite clumped rather than spreading around the whole pot area, maybe an issue with the roots?

13. Tbh with watering I've just been going off eye and watering u till I can see some run off. I heard watering from the bottom was best so I tried soaking the bottom of the grow bag and since then I've had the issues with the plant looking very wilted and leaves dying

14. Right after a watering both plants have really perked up! So I think they needed some time to dry out and recover so I'm going to be careful with watering moving forward! Really appreciate your help with this, hopefully smooth running now until the end!

• Like Like x 2