PLS help my babies are dying! PICS

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Smokey Mcpot 13, Oct 18, 2007.

1. I am 6 weeks into the flowering of my first hydro crop. A few days ago I noticed alot of brown and yellow rust spots and leaf tips which have curled and burnt up. All the damage is on the larger fan leaves. They are rapidly dying and turning yeloow/brown. My plants are on a hydro table and have good temperatures. Please tell me what I am doing wrong and how to fix it.
    Thank you in advance.

Attached Files:

2. Ouch, looks like they are in a bit of pain.

Looks to me like its a nutrient problem, probably too much by my guess.

Then again, I havent grown Hydro before so my advice is pretty crap!

Someone, plz help this guy, his babys are in pain!

3. Poor things, what a nightmare, especially this late into budding. Sorry I haven't started my first grow but there are alot of people on here that can help. It would help if you provide more info; temps, lighting, PH, etc.

With swift action, they can be saved.

4. I havent grown hydro, but I know that leaves start to die during the budding process. I'm assuming you have adjusted the nutes or stopped alltoghether at this point. As long as your colas are plump, I wouldnt worry too much

5. are you using nutes with low magnesium
    that looks like a magnesium deficency
    and you got a couple more weeks to go the leaves are supposed to turn yelow a little a and fall off but those red spots are magnesium i beleive

6. i wouldntr stress tmuch right now....it will happen

7. You burnt the hell out of them- too much nutes bro. And If you see deficiency signs that are accompanied by nute burn, you are most likely looking at a lockout(The plant locks nutes out cause it's got too much of a salt buildup among the roots.. Have you made routine flushes of the medium? If you haven't that is most likely what happened.. You gotta flush out the medium every couple of weeks at least or you'll get a salt buildup, lockout, and probly burn/deficiency symptoms... They will be alright for the next couple weeks since they're almost done and at least you learned something right? I know how you feel though, I would probly recommend flushing for a day or two either way..

8. Just a question what is the ph you keep right now?
    What kind of nutes if any are you using right now?

Also, I have to agree it does look like the signs of a magnesium problem although I couldnt garauntee thats what it is without actually seeing in person.

9. What is the ph you are keeping right now?
    What nutes if any are you using and how much?

I have to agree that it does look like a magneseum deficiancy.

10. I keep my PH a little below 7. I am gonna flush for a few days to try and help. I feed with Advanced Nutrients Bloom A and Bloom B (2 part synthetic mix). I also use liquid carbo load, Big Bud and alot of H202. Any more suggestions would be mucho apprectiated dudes!

11. for hydro thats pretty high.

12. Try around 5.8 - 6.5 for hydro.

13. 2 things
    one nute burn or mag def,
    lower nute number to 800 - 1200 no higher than 1400 the last day before flush
    Use cal mag if you can purple on the stems

14. Lower your ph to around 6. 6.5 - 7 is for soil.

15. DAMNNN, NO MORE NUTRIENTS, push that ph down, then down more during budset you want close to 5.0, near 7.0 will KILL them...flush the roots maybe you didnt burn them bad, i think your fucked if you got ph near 7.0....goodluck, next time test your ph everytime you water them...hydro gardens are very touche

16. OK guys will do. I was told 6.8 was good but I'll get it down. Thanks.

17. 6.8 is good in a soil grow, but with hydro it's good to keep it at or under 6.