Plot help

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by UKGrower123, Mar 11, 2014.

1. I need to find myself a plot for this year, I have my garden where I can grow one plant because I live with my parents but I want more than one plant this year, so here are a few questions and if anyone can help it'd be greatly appreciated,
    1. I'm guessing the "plots" people have isn't on their land?
    2. What are main things that a plot needs to have?
    3. Obviously plants need sunlight, so if they are planted in a forest there needs to be a good size opening for light, my problem here is, what if it is seen by a police helicopter? Is this just one of those things that you need to gamble on and hope it doesn't get found.
    4. Just as bad as cops finding it is teenagers that would enjoy my bud, I would hate for anyone to stumble upon my babys
    Cheers in advance guys  :smoke:

2. 1. yes
    2. sun, stealth, water
    3. don't grow in a forest but in a vast open space (sun is number 1). Trim foliage 20 ft facing south/west/East if necessary and possible (some plots have to much to take away) or find open sunny spot
    4. it's a risky business

3. #3 Corto Malteze, Mar 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2014
    First study google earth, large scale maps looking for uninhabited areas with potential grow "plots" (water sources, small rivers, creeks, etc...) 
    then go there, scout extensively and choose among several possibilities
    there are many many spots to be found but it takes time
    be discrete (A 3 plant spot with medium plants started a bit later, like end of May beg. june in an open field, will be more discrete and manageable and yield more and better quality buds than many lanky 6 footer plants started in April and that lack sun).
    Autos need less soil and are quick (if your weather is rainy most hybrids are done beg October so if it's rainy then it'sno good -mold-). I already came back to 100% moldy plants that were good 10 days before. Outdoor grab what you can before rains (3 days of rain forecast means harvest before in general).
    I prefer morning sun spots (to heat up and dry plants fast from the cold and humid Fall nights)
    tell no one
    Harvest calmly and prepare way back 
    ETC... 

4. also imo no need for 50 gallon holes
    10-15 gallons per plant is good enough for me (no killing myself hauling) but I go out of my way to look for very sunny spots (10 hours minimum south oriented) with water nearby
    Enough ferts (1/4 of the total volume, with veg ferts in the upper half, slow reelease and flowering nutes in bottom half, strongest nutes at the very bottom)
    water with plain water
    Add stakes (hence the don't get them too big imo) in mid flowering. I've grown huge plants I couldn't attach to the stakes at the top they were so tall (some fell over and some molded too -not a great spot)
    keep it simple (trimming the spot -for the sun- is very important and often over looked vs hauling tons of soil in the woods that the plant won't use because lack of sun)

5. Are you also a UK grower then mate?

Sent from my HTC Desire C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. When clearing brush for your garden and opening it to the sun .. use all tree's and branches to weave fence around the diameter of you plot .. will camoflage it and deterr animals from getting to your plants . Dig good holes . Bigger the better with good mix . I use horse manure and works great with just a little sand added ... treeline's are good to plant along as it blends the plant into the forrest and maintains full sun if you use a northern treeline that is open to east / soutern sun .... sun is very important .. but when putting plants in full sun they must absoultly have good size hole's dug and proper soil or the intense heat will stunt and even ruin your plants if they don't have a proper foundation to grow from . Do small numbers of plants do them right !!! .. I learned these things the hard way more than once . Put your heart and soul into a small number of plants and your reward will be big . Put that same effort into 200 plants . You might get nothing and probably won't get half what you would if you had done 10 right . Ok done my rant lol hope this was of some help

Sent from my LG-C555 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. Spend lots of time scouting your spots and when you out looking .. take into account where the sun will be in the morning and throughout afternoon . Look at the natural soil near the locations you like . If you find good sand or so humus / soil that isnt to acidic it will cut your work in half as you will only need to haul in half the manure or compost you would have needed . Try and pick locations that are easy for you to for watering ect .. going 10 miles over the hardest terrain possible makes it much harder and less rewarding because you cannot put the same effort into a garden that's out of your reach .. I keep mine somewhat close to home but still hidden and out of way from people . Choppers aren't out there looking for 5 plants here or 15 plants there . I had 250 last year 5 and 6 feet tall choppers flew over them every 5 minutes 5 days a week ... 10 hours per day and I'm still here to tell the story lol . Were all afraid of the choppers . But its one of those things if you want high yield and nice big buds from nice big plants . You gotta play in the sun : )

8. Cheers for the input guys, my main problem it seems would be a water source, so I don't really want my plot further than a mile away from me

9. If your going to be having trouble getting water to them then keep them close .. and put a lot of work into your holes make them deep and wide with a mix that can hold moisture and add a heavy mulch of leaves to keep water from evaporating .. and will keep the soil cooler on hot days . You have to bring your water from home ?

10. yeah they'll have to he close to home, but could you tell me a good soil to make with % of how much of each thing please? I'll have to bring water from home, that is inevitable

11. you need 2 soils (in percentages)
    seedlings mix: 40 peat 30 perlite 30 worm castings 
    plant mix: 40 peat 30 perlite 30 ferts (veg in upper half: horse, castings)(flow in bottom half: high p bat guano, wood ashes, kelp)

always when and if using peat (there are many soil mixes, also ready made ones like fox farmsn happy frox, sunshine mix etc), add 6 cups of lime per bale of peat

growing far away from people is important though and growing near people and houses makes accessing the plants without being seen more difficult. 
    the best imo is to grow far away but with water access
    also water crystals and mulch are good if you can't water often

read stickies also

12. can't get fox farm here in the UK unfortunately, I'd rather make my own than get it shipped over and the problem with having it far away is I'd have no way of getting tools up there to sort the plot out because I am still learning to drive and I don't want anyone knowing where it is, I have a few spots in mind that I'm going to check out in the next hour now it's getting a little dark, may leave it till tomorrow during the day though, there's pros and cons to both

13. What do you all think of pot sizes versus planting in the ground? I haven't seen a noticeable difference of plant sizes with pots vs the ground...they all tend to be lanky outdoors regardless.