Plot for a 2011 grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Dr Kiki, Jul 11, 2010.

1. So i recently moved, and with the move i came into some land.
    I have 10 acres of land, in a sparsely populated rural setting.
    I have 2 neighbors, one across the highway, and one a fair hike away.

So im planning on a plot for next year, ( i know its early, but you can never be to prepared) back in what used to be the apple orchard. There is a natural stream running through the land, that rarely drys up.

I have 2 main concerns, one being that no one lives on the land, that could check it regularly, and i live about 2 hours away from it.
    Two, ive briefly looked on this site for DIY irrigation systems, and haven't found that section yet, so im just curious as to how best use the natural water there.

Any input would help. As well as strain ideas.
    I grew a small batch of texada timewarp a few years back and was happy with the finish in that.

2. i like that your looking so far out that will be really good if its 2 hours away that may be a bit far but if you can make the drive /hike witch ever on itis more power to you

3. Dude your living my dream.. Always wished I could retire young and move to Canada, fat chance on that you guys dont allow. American felons so I guess I screwed myself. Anyhow as for water what the stream like? Steep downhill? Slow and shallow how far from grow site? One possible fix I've read from seed site grow tip was to cut out the bottom of a gas can and fix it to a hose then submerge the can in stream and run hose to plot. Also you could try to buy a pump that will run off the motion of the stream, or try a siphon. Thats all my ideas on water. As for your strains, if your a cash cropper go for Fucking Increadible its hardy and heavy, if you grow cause you love it like I do then fucking grow everything you can get your hands on male female whatever maybe you'll create the new strain that everybody talks about.

4. If gravity won't do the job 4 ya U can hhok up a 12volt pump/battery/timer/solar panel.I use a similar way to water .or u could prob say fuk timer and let it rok 24/7 and use some soaker hose snaked through. Now a 2 hr drive sounds like it blows but I grow in as many locations as possible but in a small area,and if I where to visit every patch in one day and water I'd be driving prob 2hrs easy and this is all within 10-15 miles from my house many a mile or 2.Important thing is you have water there thats fukin huge.If I had secluded land,creek,and car access fuk I'd retire at 40. if it took that long.I would be chooseing my planting area's now so you have the sun as reference.So if any trees need to be chopped.Also I dont know what canadas laws r on tresspassing,but where I'm at if you dont have signs up its pretty much free access (unless theres somebody living there) but farm land,and giant plots that nobody really uses,theres nothin to stop ya legally.So If you can post it then do so,get a gate shit like that.Theres no dwelling correct?

5. Slight decline downstream, nothing to drastic.

The solar panel pump was an idea that was thrown at me as well.

Im growing just cause i love it. I grew a few indoor plots in years past, and i just miss it. I actually dont even smoke anymore, terrible anxiety attacks all of a sudden, i have dabbled a little bit over the last 4 years, but the anxiety is still there.
    I went from smoke a quarter a day, to not being able to handle a couple hoots.

So not looking for a huge cash crop, something that will be suitable for my pops who use it medicinal, but something that i can give to friend to impress them, not your usual rag weed.
    Also something resistant to molds and diseases.
    But mostly im doing this for the joy of it, as well as saving my pops from shelling out an arm and a leg every week for a bag.

I did a little more research on some strains, i think im gonna try the timewarp again, as well as an island sweet skunk and a big purp. These are coming from bcseedking.com

6. Sounds good keep us posted. Are you going to amend the soil use nutes or just use dirt on site? Since its for medicinal and to impress buddies I would look for natural amendments nothing blows people back like growing for next to nothing plus better in the long run.

7. My friend has a compost company, so i was gonna get a load dropped off.
    Have used it for indoor dirt grows and it did amazing.

This land was an apple orchard for over 60years, so i assume there is something good in this soil
    :)

8. Good point on the location. I will hopefully get out their this weekend.
    I should rephrase how i described the land.
    This was an old family farm, my grandparents are to old to live there anymore, so they have since moved into town and left us (brother and I) to take care of the property.
    There is a house on the property, but neither of us can live there during the week due to work and school.

9. keep the lights on,fuk use the house

10. Holy shit. If it were me, Id veg outside in the summer as well as flower outside for the season. During May thru june Id have extra plants outside so that when flowering starts outside around the 4th of july I could bring em inside to flower as well as flower some outside. This experiment would tell me which strains like outside, which ones like inside and which ones like a combo of both. So far on the central coast in California my methods have proven that this increases yield, but you have to have control of pests and cleanliness to pull it off. Regular spraying and cleaning of areas is a must. Utilizing outside sunlight as much as possible increases overall yield, taste and overall quality in my opinion. And it also helps the enviroment.

11. I wish. Inside isn't an option, as other members of my family (not cool with this) do venture out to the farm house for the weeked. I know for a fact they dont go rooting through the scrub and back of the property so i know that's safe.

Someday soon the ill be living out there, and that is exactly what i will be doing. I did that where i lived before actually, central Alberta, needless to say it got to cold to fully flower outside, but the ones i brought inside were very nice.

12. That to me makes no sense,I would rather flower under the sun anyday.Alsoit be kinda difficult to drag a 6foot plant inside.My only other suggestion is to get some clones from a dispensary instead of growing from seed,unless you can start plants indoors and veg em for awhile b4 puttin em out.Established clones will give ya more than a seed planted outside.and generally clones stay shorter and get bushier than a plant start outside.

would a small greenhouse be a option? even if ya only use it for 2 months to extend your season enough that way if u do use seed they will be bigger stronger for the outdoors

13. In my opinion overall "looks" suffer from outdoor flowering and yield suffers from indoor flowering. Pick your poison. Of course, I live in California and have extremely great weather for cultivating cannabis. Have you had any experience vegging outdoor and flowering inside Brown? The reason I do so is that I have limited space outside and smell is a concern, but so far I have been increasing my yields largely in most strains this year by doing so. Dont get me wrong brown, your posts help me alot and sun is the ulitmate best thing for a plant. We are agreed there. I agree with the clone idea unless you plan on breeding strains.

14. A greenhouse would be awesome....im a little concerned on how heat that would be though.
    The county in which my land is located is known to police as an area of interest, as there has been numerous indoor grow-ops, run by the asian gangs in Toronto.

Ive thought of the clone idea, but the only ones i can get my hands on at this time are pretty dedicated indoor strains, and i dont wanna risk wasting an entire summer on a bum crop.

Not looking to create strains at this point and time, we will see how the first run goes.