plexi or scrog?

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by pedrovski, Mar 10, 2013.

1. hi been doing alot of research into all the growing and stuff but not come across anything about plexi in growing. im going to for my first time be doing an led/cfl pc grow and was wondering would i be better using a scrog or a plexiglas screen between the lights and the plants? i know both are meant for different things really, just wonderin which would be better to work with whats probably gona be around 12" for the plant

thanks

2. #2 WickedSmoke, Mar 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2013
    My suggestions are to use a Container that is wide and short, top at the 5th true leaf set, let it get about a quater inch in length. after those 4 main colas have a couple nodes on them tie them down and FIM the 4 maine tops and screen the plant. Keep the LST and the screen as close to container as you can.

Make sure you interweave the tops in the screen versus just letting the tops hit the screen. You want the plant to weave in and out. And when your ready to flower do a final tuck of all the tops to ensure you don't run out of height.

Also think about attaching the screen to the plant container versus mounted in the case, therefor you can pull the plant out to make adjustments feed water and flush when needed. If you add a plexi glass you will need an 2 extra fans just for the top. I would only do it if I were using one of those huge tall gaming pc cases.

3. well i have a small toolbox from the poundshop which is the ideal size to fit in the case not gona get a wider longer plant pot so will be able to easily lst with it and maybe it is to small to double up the fans thanks for the info

4. Be carful picking out a container for the soil, you don't want to use something that has a possibility of leaching something into the soil. And ideally Something that excess water can drip through.

5. well ill make sure to to get it well washed before use didnt really think plastic containders had a tendency to leach into soil? will be drilling holes in the bottom and a few in the sides, was just told to get the biggest pot i could that would fit in the area and this was the perfect fit in the case

6. I assumed tool box was metal, and yes some plastics could possibly leach just like water bottles will leach after awhile.

7. well yea its only plastic being just from the poundshop would it affect the plant if it was to leach into soil surely would only be an issue if it was growing something to be eaten? would the plant absorb the toxins and stuff?