Plenty Vs Arizer Extreme Q

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by sneakyadd, Jun 3, 2012.

1. Hey guys new to here, I am about to buy a vaporizer and it came down to 2
    The Plenty by the guys who made the volcano or Arizer Extreme Q.
    My Budget is $300-350, a LOT of people say that compared to the volcano, they wasted their money and should of bought the Extreme Q. But i really have no idea, i have never owned a home unit. I got my first vaporizer 4 months ago which is THE WISPR.
    So what do you guys think ? Extreme q or Plenty?

Attached Files:

2. #2 PajamaSam, Jun 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2012
    I have the plenty and I love it, I swear the bowl holds like 5 grams but I wouldn't know cause I've never packed it all the way.
    I would say if I could do it over, I would drop the 350$, but I've never had a volcano vape sesh ever. The manual that comes with the plenty states that it uses the same heating system and S&B also have an attachment to hook your plenty up to your volcano bag and vice versa. So I don't know where you heard its not like the volcano, but I really have a hard time imagining a better vape.

As far as the Q I've heard its quite amazing, but for obvious reasons I would probably be biased no matter what.
    2 cents there.

3. I've got the EQ, lately augmented with the Aqua Vape attachment for water filtration. I've been very happy with the EQ unit since it first arrived. This is the first I've seen of the other unit, so I can't compare unfortunately, though there is quite a difference in price. I got my EQ for right around $200. The EQ blows bags as well if you care, though most eventually seem to get over that and prefer the whip.

I know for sure you'll get a great product with the EQ (and many others will corroborate this: it's very popular) but that doesn't mean you won't like the other. Maybe that helps a bit.

4. the plenty seems to be a love it or hate it unit, I'm certainly not a huge fan of its design. I mean it's cool in the way that it looks like a Black and Decker power tool, but I really did not like the rounded bottom, nor am I a huge fan of the massive Herb chamber which they were used off of the volcano. On the volcano it makes sense because your filling up bag after bag, but I feel it's going to make you hit a lot of the ABV before it is done.

All in all, the Q is a lot more versatile and in my opinion, convenient. You can't really set the plenty down while it's in use, because it won't sit up straight.

5. Neither for that price sorry.

6. [quote name='"CentiZen"']the plenty seems to be a love it or hate it unit, I'm certainly not a huge fan of its design. I mean it's cool in the way that it looks like a Black and Decker power tool, but I really did not like the rounded bottom, nor am I a huge fan of the massive Herb chamber which they were used off of the volcano. On the volcano it makes sense because your filling up bag after bag, but I feel it's going to make you hit a lot of the ABV before it is done.

All in all, the Q is a lot more versatile and in my opinion, convenient. You can't really set the plenty down while it's in use, because it won't sit up straight.[/quote]

You didn't mention anything about vape quality and said the plenty sucks because
    1. It has a round bottom
    2. It has a bowl that is too big
    3. It doesn't sit up straight when you set it down
    Uhhhh...

1. Lolwut? What the heck are you talking about ? I don't understand how the shape of any vape changes anything about it.
    2. You must not have bought the unit yourself cause mine came with a pad that I just put in the bowl when I want to vape less. You also do NOT end up Vaping abv because not only is it pretty easy to taste the difference, it shuts off automatically so it doesn't just burn , and any person who vapes a lot would know when the bowl is done.
    3. Just because its classified as a whip vape doesn't make it a desktop vape. The q is a desktop and a whip , while the plenty is just a whip vape. Now that is said, there are three little foam pads (like on a laptop) in a triangular fashion on its side, so yes you can set it down, maybe not on the rounded bottom though ... Lol

I'm not saying the plenty is better I'm saying that you should perhaps look into these things before you just flat out trash the thing for no reason

7. #7 CentiZen, Jun 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2012
    when did I say it sucks? When? Don't put words in my mouth when all I said was that I didn't like it. Is it so hard to believe that there are people that have other opinions than you?

For me, the shape is important. If I'm using it at my desk I don't want to have to lay down on the side to take up three times as much space that it would fit with sitting up straight like it should have if they would have just designed it with a flat base.

And you're right, I haven't bought it yet myself, because every time I've used it I have been very disappointed in it. Not just in that it can't stand up straight, but in the vapor production and the cost for what you're getting. I just don't see what it does better, then a vaporizer half that price does.

So where are you going to use it then? When I say desktop I mean it's to be plugged in. I'm not saying it has to be put on a desk. I'm not sure what your point is.

So I'm sorry that I did not shower your vaporizer in praise, but trust me I have looked into these things, and while I may not only did see unit I have used many times and I am not trashing it for no reason.

As for the vapor quality, it's normal. The Q tastes a little bit better to be honest. Not anything worth 300 dollars that's for sure.

8. Alright i ended up buying an Extreme Q it is BEAUTIFUL! as pretty as the picture, my first time using a Home Unit and this thing is amazing, the essential oil option is wonderful too gotta say the "temperature control" is a MUST HAVE! especially if your going to use it with different herbs and substances. Since some need more or less temp than others. Great vape 10/10. Thanks guys. [​IMG]

9. Congrats , happy Vaping :)