Pledge of Allegiance

Discussion in 'Politics' started by spelsylver, Jun 1, 2011.

1. That was awesome.

2. I fucking hate it that they try to make my kids basically ppray to the fucking Amerikkkan flag. How shocked was I when my middle son came home at age 5 and told me the Amerikkkan flag was his favorite flag....

3. how ironic that the pledge has this statement " ..and to the REPUBLIC, for which it stands..."

Our "founding fathers" gave us a republic, but we are told we live in a democratic nation, yet, it is ran like an oligarchy...

This skit is so funny because it is true. This is not a form of brain washing! this is not a form of brain washing! lol

America, fuck yeah! :eek:

4. The worst part of the pledge is the word "indivisible".

5. I remember doing that salute, and when the pledge read "One nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all".

6. under god...

7. ...i find it scary that you find "indivisible" the worst part of the pledge instead of "god"

8. yeah "under god" bullshit too. "liberty and justice for all? I think not

9. the word "god" is a little subjective now a days don't you think? I find it scary that threads can never be a discussion anymore, but instead turn into personal attacking GC members :(

10. I don't know what your reading, but there was no personal attack in my post, only my opinion on how a libertarian (aaron) has no problem with having god in the pledge, when i thought libertarians believed in separation of church and state? His post scared me and i thought i should let him know.

11. Are you really scared, or are you just trying to marginalize him as a right-wing looney because it makes you more confident about your own delusions?

12. #14 ReasonOrTreason, Jun 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2011
    Lol my senior year when i finally gave up on the schooling system, I cussed my cooking teacher out for threatening to arrest me for not standing for or saying the pledge.

That place is fucked man, ill never send my kids to public school

WKUK is pretty great with the satire too haha

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnJpDf8wDy4[/ame]

13. Those are your words, not mine. :)

14. When I was in high school I never said the pledge. They made me stand though...how come? Can they do that?

One time I refused to sand up and my teacher started freaking out and all my friends thought I was some fuck-o nut so I just stood up to avoid all the problems. I don't get why we can't refuse to stand though...

15. What's so scary about 'God' being in the pledge?

16. liberty and justice for those who can buy it

17. Have you not heard of something called "separation of church and state"? The term "God" should be removed from the currency, pledges, oaths, etc.

18. Me and the jehova witnesses where always the ones sitting down during the pledge :D