Please Vote for Change: Legalize the Medicinal and Recreational Use of Marijuana

Discussion in 'General' started by RMJL, Mar 9, 2010.

1. #1 RMJL, Mar 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2010
    Hey guys...this thread is based off of this one in the Legalization and Activism forum. We normally keep threads like this only in that forum but this is kind of a big deal and deserves a bit more exposure. :)
    Spikeystud88
    got the ball rolling on this and since the final date is so close, we're asking that everyone please vote for change. :)

Thanks!!! Maybe this will at least make people take notice but it would be really awesome if our cause could be the number 1 idea. Stoners for the WIN!!!! :D :D :D

Please vote for this Idea for Change in America.

Legalize the Medicinal and Recreational Use of Marijuana | Ideas for Change in America | Change.org

From Change.org:

Vote for the Top 10 Ideas for Change in America

Ideas for Change in America is a crowd-sourcing competition that empowers citizens to identify and build momentum around a diverse range of ideas for addressing the challenges our country faces.

From January - February 2010, more than 2,500 ideas were submitted and voted on by 100,000 people across the country. The top three rated ideas from each issue category, listed below, qualified for the final round.

Final round voting begins on March 1 and ends on March 12. The 10 most popular ideas will be presented to relevant members of the Obama Administration, and Change.org will subsequently mobilize its full community to support a series of grassroots campaigns to help turn each idea into reality.

2. this is really important guys so take the time to sign up/vote and spread the word
    to all of your friends. thanks for everybody that has been busting their asses on this
    thing and thanks a whole lot to RMJL for making this thread. ima bump the shit out
    of this thing

3. Once again RMJL comes through and does something epic to help out.

Thank you dude, that's all I can say :hello:!

To everyone that hasn't voted:

- We are currently at 4,000 votes
    - We are currently in 1st place
    - We are currently beating the 2nd idea by 310 votes

Click the link, vote, tell every single person you know. And then keep telling every single person you know until we've won!

This is not over yet guys, the Livestrong idea is gaining on us.

Put a link in your sig like me, RMJL, and goodbadugly have. It takes 2 seconds and TONS of people on the forums will see it!

Make a twitter account and tweet out about it every few hours...tweet it to celeb stoners, your friends, idols, ANYONE! The point is to do your best to spread the word.

The more people that see it, the more people will vote.

ALSO, if you have a Digg account, please digg this story --> Vote for Marijuana legalization on Change.org!

I made it in hopes that it would (somehow) make it to the front page of Digg and get us THOUSANDS of extra votes. It's almost at 100 diggs now, and we still have a few days to make it take off. If you guys dont know about digg, basically any story that makes it to the front page will get tens of thousands of hits, which in our case would mean tens of thousands of votes. If you dont have an account, please take 2 seconds to make one and help.

Spread the word, do your best, make your voice heard, and let's fucking win this guys!

P.S.
    Just want to say thank you to each and every one of you that has voted. Every vote counts!

Special thanks to RMJL for all your help - without you, we would barely have half the votes we have now...thanks so much dude.

Special thanks to goodbadugly and Tokensmoke10, as you guys have been my 'partners in crime' through this. Thanks for all the help and support!

NOW LETS WIN THIS!

4. I totally agree. Before they reversed their decision, I wasn't sure how legit change.org was in terms of actually making things happen. Not only did they reverse their decision on that, but they also agreed to not do any more focus on the family (aka the anti abortion) ads! Change.org really does work guys...we just have to spread the word!

5. (sorry in advance for the double post, didn't wanna jumble things up by editing my above post)

Something fishy is DEFINITELY going on with the Livestrong idea. Check out some of the recent comments:

Seems like something is going on...

Overnight the idea that SUPPORTS MORE PROHIBITION, more taxing, and more shitty regulations skyrockets into 2nd place?! Absolute 100% bullshit. This is an outrage, and I am absolutely furious right now. I'm not saying they actually cheated, but something weird is going on. They did not legitimately get every single one of those votes.

They can get all the votes they want, but in the end whoever has the most wins - we cannot stop guys...this is just proof they want to bury our idea because they are scared!

FUCK THEM ALL, OUR VOICES WILL BE HEARD!

Edit: Everyone go to the tobacco page and leave a comment letting them know that they're wasting their time --> Send the Tobacco Treaty to the Senate for Ratification | Ideas for Change in America | Change.org

These people want MORE prohibition, MORE taxes, and more rules/regulations against something. That is the 100% complete opposite of what we are fighting for. Yes cigarettes kill, but the only solution is outlawing them/only using tobacco. It is absolute HORSESHIT that tobacco companies are allowed to sell cigarettes that kill thousands monthly. But their idea isn't about banning them, it's about raising the prices/creating more prohibition. Post a comment and let them know that you disagree and are against ANY form of prohibition!

6. Voted.

I'm not big in to legalization or anything (Not that I'm against it, I just don't take actively pursue it, not to say I shouldn't...) but I'm still glad I saw this. Thanks Rummy.

I really believe it's just a matter of time :cool: I'd be very proud if my generation was part of the first group to smoke a completely legal joint someday, no plastic cards needed.

7. This is a big deal guys, only 3 days left in the contest.

Please, I beg all of you who see this to spread the word any way you can!

8. 4,218th vote :D

Im not even from America but i still voted, maybe if it gets legal in the states then people over here will jump on the band wagon. Good luck with your poll i wish you the best of luck :D

9. just got my vote :D

10. Make sure you all have "shared" the link via facebook/twitter (on the right of the change.org page) and have emailed all your friends (again they have a autoemail thing on the right of the page).

It takes all of 30 seconds and will get us more votes (unless your friends are all right wing neocons of course, in which case... don't!!)

11. just signed it.

its got 17,698 NOW.

Im SUper excited for this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:smoking::D

12. #15 TearDownGod, Mar 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2010
    I was #4773, what number were you badasses who actually took the time to vote? I applaud you:hello:

13. Lol I was vote #50 or something like that.

14. That's a good number. :D

15. I was number 400 something:p
    it's funny the number 1 idea is about ending prohibition and the 2nd place idea is relatively close to starting a new prohibition. Increasing taxes and banning advertising? hmmmm i bet all 4k signatures are non smokers too. But put that to the side; as long as we stay numero uno i'm happy:D 2 days left! we got this.

16. I voted when it was in the mid 2000's.

17. i was a vote within the first 100 and trust me i pat my back until my hand hurts