please tell me these stories are bs...

Discussion in 'General' started by Deleted member 917181, Nov 7, 2015.

1. I'm taking a drug education class because of bs reasons but this is some of the crap that i'm reading and I can't even believe it it makes me so mad heres the first one:
    The following letter was sent to the editor of large newspaper in a major
    American city and published as part of a series on the impact drugs have on
    individuals in the community.

"To Whom It May Concern,

I am a mother writing to tell you about the dangers of the new marijuana.
    Everyone needs to know how bad this stuff really is. It's not anything like
    what was sold 10 years ago. The Marijuana sold today has been
    "doctored" by growers to be more toxic and addictive than ever
    before. Years ago everyone used to talk about how pot made you
    "paranoid." We tossed that word around as if it had no real meaning.
    But now, I know first hand what it is and what it does to someone. Listen up.

My son Kyle ended up in the Emergency
    Room after using Marijuana for just a few months. Who knows what was blended
    with the pot he bought off the street. He is no longer anything like the kid I
    had before pot messed with him. He suffers from paranoia and it is the worst
    ailment you can imagine.

Doctors say my son's brain has changed
    and all they can do is try to medicate him to keep the paranoia in check. His
    life is a living hell. Everyday, he is scared stiff - to the point he can't
    function, and has no idea why. He can't even tell you what he is afraid of.
    Imagine living like that every minute of every day. Even powerful anxiety
    medications don't really help. He can't work and hates to go out in public. He
    sits hour after hour in our living room watching television day after day.

I have travelled throughout the world and I cannot find any doctor, hospital
    or treatment facility that can cure him. Don't take a chance or believe your so
    called "friends" who tell you the stuff is harmless. They're lying.
    Leave it alone. The first time can be one time too many. There are some things
    in life you don't need to gain by experience and brain damage from toxic
    marijuana is one of them."

and the second:
    Many people use because they can't cope without it. Joan Bennett shared her
    story with us about how her son's use affect both her and her husband's health.
    Her son was working and in college. He called one day without warning and asked
    to come home to live because he wasn't coping well and was so depressed.

When he got home, Joan found him smoking pot in the garage. He told her that
    he needed to have several bong hits throughout the day to cope with anxiety. As
    a parent, Joan said the hardest part of coping with his addiction was the
    stress of dealing with his out-of-control mood swings if he wasn't stoned.

She recalled how it was like watching a movie in slow motion - her wonderful
    son becoming more and more isolated and staying in his room. She used pot in
    the 1970's and thought it was a "laid-back'' passive drug. But she soon
    learned how different it affected her son. She watched him go from an
    easygoing, confident young man to a moody and aggressive, seemingly psychotic
    person in less than two years.

Having him at home caused every day to be filled with uncertainty of what
    was going to happen next. It affected both her and her husband's health. She
    suffered from migraine headaches and her husband had a heart attack after an
    explosive incident with their son.

Both struggled with depression and lived with the shame they felt as they
    had to involve law enforcement, friends and neighbors when he got out of
    control.

2. well they did say they don't know if it was laced..

but then again it could just be a story made up by someone who is claiming it to be true

• Like Like x 1
  3. So you felt like you had to share that bullshit reffer madness propaganda with us?

• Like Like x 3
  4. 1 post, anti weed, too high... this is as productive as my comment's gonna get. hope you find value.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Lmfao. What a joke. That whole article is bullshit

6. #6 atticspace, Nov 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2015
    My first response would be to ask for sources. Supposedly it was part of a series in a "large newspaper in a major American city." If it really was then it should be easy for them to provide sources. I'm not aware of any major newspapers willing to print that kind of garbage given the current growing acceptance of marijuana by the public. In my opinion it sounds like 100% bullshit manufactured by anti drug rehab lobbyists trying to convince people theres a major problem and only they have the cure.

• Like Like x 1
  7. #7 Deleted member 917181, Nov 7, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2015
    omfg just found this one:
    When marijuana is smoked its effects are felt almost immediately. This
    is because THC (marijuana's psychoactive ingredient) rapidly travels to
    every organ in the body, including the brain. The effects of smoked
    marijuana can last from 1 to 3 hours. If consumed in foods, the effects
    come on slower and may not last as long.
    *facepalm* omg these people

8. 1 time I smoked too many marijuanas and my brain exploded into scrambled eggs i was in a coma for 6 months
    Now I look like a fishhead motherfucka

• Like Like x 4
  9. The first thing I look at when reading things like this are the references.

What's that? None? Hah, okay.//static.grscty.com//public/style_emoticons/default/cool.gif

• Like Like x 2
  10. Jesus Christ, I hope those poor teens are okay, they have opened my eyes to the huge dangers of smoking weed, I just find it crazy how I started smoking at about 14, went on to get 1 B, and the rest A's and A*'s in my GCSE, fuck me I sure hope it isn't too late for me to be cured

• Like Like x 2

11. Sounds to me like he's the ripe age for Schizophrenia, I have some personal experience in this area. You can't take a kid with that kind of mental illness to regular docs and hope for a "cure." I hope this post is bullshit.

• Like Like x 1
  12. LMFAO! These DEA goons would do anything to scare us off of smoking some weed.

13. She is lucky. He could have been injecting his weed.

She should wean him off it with a harmless crack-pipe, and a couple of big rocks a day.

That should sort the fucker out.

14. I saw on the news, when they were passing for legalization, one of the females in Congress said "it doesn't matter if your snorting it, smoking it, or injecting it, we want it off the streets"... they don't even know what they hate.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Lol

Sent from my U670C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. This is mostly true(THC does effect the heart and the brain pretty quickly). Obviously, edibles last longer.

• Like Like x 1