Please tell me are these Male flowers ???

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Asheville1959, Aug 28, 2009.

1. I have 3 plants that have buded and these flowers have sprouted here are some pics.

Attached Files:

2. male pull them quick

3. Definatly male, and its pretty far along too...

4. Be gentle, you don't want one of those popping open near your ladies. They're ripe.

5. ^^Definatly, in fact id be suprised if some havent already shed pollen. Usually the preflowers open much earlier than the main flowers.

6. hes gonna blow!!!

7. Thanks to every one that responded. I have pulled all males ( 3) Now I have only 2 plants left and they are Females both are flowering. See pics. I have a question though I have 1 my big girl almost 6 ft. and has lots of flowers.She has been in the ground same spot for about 10 weeks I am wanting to move her for reasons of safety. What is suggested for transplanting this late in the growth cycle?? Will it halt flowering or worse??

Please give me some tips how best to do this

Attached Files:

8. That plant will have a well-developed root system, you definitely will harm it by transplanting now. But you still can get away with it, just dig wide and deep to keep as much of the rootball intact as possible.

9. Holy male... I Don't understand how people get that far in growing and they STILL don't know what a male looks like even though its already mature...

10. My Bad first time ever growing. Got excited at first thought they were gonna be some nice nuggets. I had dug up 1 male about 3 weeks ago but he was a definite male with the Lil clubs upside down. These others did fool me they sprouted so fast. Anyhow I am happy I have 2 healthy females and will provide us hopefully with some blissful sweet bud.

So Mr Hash do you have a good recipe for hash oil now that I have 3 males on my hands ?? Other than just trowing away. And no not interested in hemp bags or anything like that.

Peace brother and by the way we aren't born knowing it all ! Trial and error ! :rolleyes:

11. ah man hope the males got removed quick enough. You can get a whole lot of sensemilla from an outdoor female!

12. No hard feelings, I'm on my first grow too but i've helped on a few. Pretty easy to tell if it's a male though.
    But nawww I Havnt made any hash out of plants yet, Going to though. Hehehehe.

Love hash joints though..
    sry bro was having a badday lol

13. Just so you know in the future the calyxes where the hairs come out always point upwards where as the male flowers are attached by a little stem that droops down. I can tell the difference as soon as the plant shows its first calyxe or male flower.

14. Thanks for the tip. it has been a learning experience. I hope I did get them out in time. I was out this morning fertilizing her and also did a little pruning. I decided to leave her be and not try and move her this late in the game dont want to cause any wierd changes such as sprouting male flowers therefore seedy bud. Im thinking that harvest time is still 6 weeks away. I was told to wait till the white hairs turn brownish to redish before harvesting. Anyway just wish me luck Im down to 2 females from this initial outdoor grow. Next time Im buying femenized seeds and also might try to clone my gorgeuos gal. Thers alot of good info on here on how to do this.

Thanks Again Here's to teh Dankness!! :devious: