Please take a look at my organic shopping list

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Carni, Feb 2, 2019.

1. #1 Carni, Feb 2, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
    This is mostly inspired by Easy Organic Soil Mix for Beginners

Base:

www.blackmagic.com/products/potting-soil/

EWC:

www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00062KQ42

Kelp meal:

www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000X7VEFU

Tomato tone:

www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0011UEKKE

Some fungus:

www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B077CS6B18

Big Bloom for the occasional tea:

www.amazon.com/FoxFarm-FX14002-Bloom-Liquid-Concentrate/dp/B0002KHDLW

What do y'all think? Anything I'm missing? Should I add more volcanic ash and perlite, given that the base soil already has some? Also I can only fit 3-5 gallon pots in my tent, is that big enough?

Could I also just get a bag of this and be done with it?

www.blackmagic.com/products/all-purpose-fertilizer/

Also i should mention that for this grow, i no longer have time to wait for a soil to "cook" because my plants are seedlings already.

2. What are you trying to accomplish with your organic soil? You have part of the no till soil mix and then the Fox farms... You should decide if you want to grow full organic no till or if you are going to be using bottled nutes. Either way you go, add 30-50% airation to what you have. Pumice or scoria are preferred but perlite will work if you don't have access to the other two. If you go no till, use the largest pot you can possibly can.

Good luck!

3. #3 Carni, Feb 3, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
    Well the largest pot I can do is 3 gallon. My goal is ~30 inch tall plants. I'd rather not use bottled nutes but I think I have to, due to the small pot size. Should I just stick to the black magic soil and use only bottled nutes?

This is a nice cheap set: www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07K8S7XDF

I'm thinking mix a bit of each with the black magic soil, then add liquid fertilizers specific to veg/bloom.

4. I have no experience with black magic soil. If I were you I would probably just get some Fox Farms OF, HF, and perlite. Then hit is with the fox farms line of nutes. You will need a PH pen.

How small is your tent if you can only fit 1 3 gallon pot?

Check out the no till revisited thread of you want to learn about organic no till water only farming.

5. #5 Carni, Feb 3, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
    I'm growing 4 plants in a 2x2.

Black magic is quality soil and came highly recommend by some folks here. I'm sticking with it.

I edited my post above, what do you think of that set to mix in my soil? Well i bought it cuz there was only one left in stock.

Could anyone recommend a liquid fertilizer for veg and one for bloom?

Thanks guys.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Id stay away from using bottled nutes. If your starting with a high quality soil and only growing 30” plants in 3 gal pots this will be a very short veg you shouldnt need much nutrients maybe just some soluble kelp in veg and some fish hydrolysate in flower. If you try to force feed your plant organic liquid nutes you’re risking nute burn or at the least harsh chemical tasting flowers as liquid nutes will cause salts to build up in your rootzones.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  7. Hey another thing to look for if you do decide to go with liquid nutes is checking if it has gone through any chelation. Chelation is when they use some type of acid or process to break down organics so that it is instantly bio available to the plant. might seem like a good idea but when you add any chelated fertilizer you’re throwing off your entire Notill system the chelation process takes the jobs away from your bacteria/fungi. The bacteria and fungi are supposed to work in a symbiotic relationship with your roots they mine/ breakdown the nutrients from organic matter and make it available to your roots in exchange for starches and sugars from the plant. This balanced relationship has been perfected over millions of years and to think humans can do better job is ignorant leave the work to your soil dwellers supply them with unadulterated organic material (dry amendments/cannabis leaves).

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum