Please Support a Local Show in Greenville, NC

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Feelin'Alright, Jun 25, 2009.

1. Trying to spread awareness about an underground music scene in Greenville, NC.

There's a venue in Greenville, NC that books up and coming bands travelling all around the country and this venue is special. Offering an intimate setting and a chill atmosphere. Right now this place is on the verge of collapse. They are completely D.I.Y and do business based soley on donations at shows. Run by Amacita Booking, which is pretty much a couple people doing all they can.

The place I'm referring to is the Spazzatorium. If anyone up here is from Eastern North Carolina then maybe they have heard of it. As of now most shows have been cancelled because the venue (which is basically a donated house from the booking agency) is unable to operate on its insufficient funds.

They are having an event at this bar called Lucky's in downtown Greenville in an attempt to revive some interest in local bands. They also want to provide shows for bands that the more mainstream venues usually refuse to book. If the success of this one show at Lucky's this Sunday, June 28th is a success then they will continue to do this a few times a month as an exclusive Spazz Sunday. This will include lots of drink specials and performances by some eclectic and eccentric bands that are sure to usher in a new wave of music and performace art.

Here's the event info thus far:

***Sun June 28th***
    Lucky's
    209 E 5th St.
    Downtown Greenville

Doors @ 9PM
    Music @10:00PM

$4 cover if 21+
    (Under 21 can come but for an extra charge, no below 18!)

Special Spazz Night Drink Specials!
    $.75 PBR'S, $3 Well Drinks, maybe more!!!

***This is our night folks! Lucky's is opening it's doors (seriously they're usually closed on Sun) for a special Spazz night to see if we can bring a crowd. So please come out and support this evening. If all goes well we can have a few events a month! Show up and bring yer dancin' shoes.***

DJ Double Deputy
    (spinning throughout the evening)
    [​IMG]

EAR PWR (from Baltimore, MD)
    EAR PWR op MySpace Music â€â€œ Gratis gestreamde MP3â€â„¢s, fotoâ€â„¢s en Videoclips

[​IMG]

The Kickass (version 2.5)
    (no picture)
    The KICKASS op MySpace Music â€â€œ Gratis gestreamde MP3â€â„¢s, fotoâ€â„¢s en Videoclips

Faceless Lord (Greenville ,nc)
    (no picture or myspace page)

2. What time does Ear Pwr stop playing? I may come out to see the kickass. I dig their sound. Ear Pwr will possibly cause me to go on a killing spree all down Greenville Blvd.

haha, anyway, good to see people supporting a good local scene. Check out Unks if they are still looking for venues. They usually have a pretty eclectic line-up.