Please someone just answer my light Q

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by ixBeachbumxi, Jul 19, 2010.

1. i realize i prob could have figured it out with the search function and research but all i want to know is a simple question. will a 60 W 120v soft white light work for at least starting the sproutlings off till i transplant outside?

2. Will it make it grow, yes, but not well. If I had limited options I would use CFL's, or a couple of Flouro tubes myself, you will get much better results.

3. all this lingo...i dont understand what a cfl or fluro is. like...i have a shit ton of lights in my basement but idk what type they are all they say r the wattage and all that. i just need someone to name a brand name light and what the box will say. or like...in the info what should i look for. thank u for the quick response btw

4. Cfl bulbs are the energy efficient spiral bulbs.... doesnt take more than 2 mins of searching to see the cfl sticky thread. Quit being lazy, its the 2nd sticky topic you dont even have to search... Also the bulb you mentioned is probably a standard light bulb, which will not work.

5. well hello there mr grumpy gills! haha. sorry tho ya...i google searched them later when i wasnt high and lazy and figured it all out in legit 30 seconds.