Please someone help me...Please!!!!!!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by fish83, Aug 14, 2009.

1. :confused:
    Okay...I have a couple questions...I have been studying and researching and browsing, and just about everything else there is for growing for a long long time now. I've watched countless videos, "see more buds", jorge cervates videos, hight times videos, sea of green videos, etc...etc...etc. I have also read all kinds of books, and forums, and tutorials on growing...lol...

I have come up with my "plan" for growing, but need a few answers...I am going to get some 600 watters with the Lumatek digital ballasts...I am going to have Co2, great exhaust, the works, and I will be using the "Bio-Bucket" methos for the flowering room. I will have a great set-up thanx to forum research and everything else..I thank all who have helped me so far...

My first question-----> I want to get a good strain, one I havent decided on yet, looking into the ak straind and the big bud strains, but cant figure out how many plants to put...I watch videos and forums where someone has a whole bunch of plants, and then another with the same wattage uses only a few, and I understand both methods work very well, but what is the better way? I cant figure that out for the life of me...I'll have a clone room, so if I need a lot, it can be done, but I cant figure out which way to go here...one video, a kid had 2400 watts with 300 damn planys, and another video had a guy with 2400 watts, and 24 plants. They both did well...but which would be better? I'll have either 4- 3x3 spaces, or 1- 8x8 space for the flowering...It looks like I will do a perpetual grow instead of one main grow and harvest...please someone help me here with this question...a lot of plants, or a few?

Thank you to anyone who is taking the time to read this and help me...it is greatly appreciated.

My second question is this-----> If I have 4-600 watters goin on for flowering, what size would be a good MH light for the mothers,? I realize this all depends on my first question, due to how many clones and all that, but what would be an ideal size bulb for the mamas and the veggies? I was hoping a 400 watter would be good enough for this, but need some input, cuz like I said, I have watched and read so much that contardict each other...

Again, thank you to anyone for helping me here....if it wasnt for the online forums, i wouldnt know half as much as i do now...I look forward to hearing from you all...thank you...and happy growing to all....

2. Hi Fish.

Here are my opinions regarding your questions.

#1 There are two schools of thought, as you have found out. One is to grow a lot of smaller plants, throw them into flower ASAP (6-12" plants). The results are smaller yields, but more of them each year. The oother option (which is what I do) is to grow fewer plants (I have 8 under 2 400W HID per room), veg them longer (18") to produce larger plants and then throw them into flower. The results are higher yields (since the plants are larger), with larger buds, but fewer harvests per year. I think that they have found that both ways produce a comparable amount per year. There really isn't a 'better' way, just the way that works the best for you.

#2 Here is what I do -- I have two grow rooms (for veg and flower) that have 2 400W HPS bulbs in each. I use MH conversion bulbs (MH bulbs that work in HPS ballasts) during the veg stage and then put the HPS bulbs in for floweriing. By having two rooms, I can keep a steady supply coming out. For the mothers (I have 4), I keep them under fluorescent bulbs (2 2ft dual bulb with a warm and a cool color bulb in each). The reason that I keep the moms on fluors is to slow their growth. If they grow too fast (using HID lights), then I have to hack them back to keep them under control.

Hope that I haven't confused you more!!

Good Luck

3. no man...i really appreciate this...thank you...see, this is the thing, i am gonna get the 4-600 watters for the flowering room, but this is where my problem is...i plan on maing the "Biobucket" system....now, if i have have only a few plants, im obviosly going to have to build larger buckets, and if i have a whole bunch of plants, they will have to be smaller...that is where i am lost...
    my plan is to get everything, and then start with just 1-600 watter in the flowerring room, and learn a bit as i go, and then i will have more knowledge...and after that, hook up everything else and do what i wanna do here..ya know?...but the plant numbers and the bucket sizes..thats where i dont know which way to go...