Please sign the petition

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Old School Smoker, Sep 18, 2013.

1. This?? Again??

2. Sorry if it's already been posted.

3. (Let's out big humid fart) Ahhhhhh.

4. #5 AuhMayZing, Sep 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2013
    Signed.

5. still have long ways to go...me and my wife just voted

6. Not sure. I meant Whitehouse.gov in general.
    What has it accomplished thus far? Nada.
    It's like asking the person beating you with a stick to please stop beating you with a stick. Please, pretty please.

7. The whitehouse has ignored all petitions regarding weed, and refused to give a legitimate response . So no I won't sign it.

8. I agree. But if we get a majority, like say over 95% of Americans, then we can scream "KNOCK IT OFF!!" And they will have no choice.
    But they already see this coming and they have to keep the closed minded minds closed, so they can win.....

9. Why do you think that is? How many people signed these petitions? Is there a public record of these signatures?

10. Because they don't give a shit. And I don't know if there is a public record. They probably just destroyed the petition. But they were significant amounts.

11. That is totally against our constitutional way of life. This is a government by the people and for the people. Isnt our individual freedoms protected? Not just MMJ but the right to have our voice heard in a petition? I know it is in a vote for president. But i also want to be heard when it comes to MMJ legislation.

12. We all want to be heard, but the entire marijuana stance of government goes against our constitutional way of life. The propaganda and lies are too. And their refusal to listen to our pleas, data, research, and petitions is too.

I'm just saying they are ignoring our petitions. And that petitioning is not a successful means of activism concerning this. Activists try to spread the information they can, they write to local governments about the issue, they try to take part in various measures of being heard In the politicsl world. If you want to be heard, this is the route to go, not asking for people to sign a digital document that holds no practical bearing.

And, for the record, they are allowing us to petition the matter, that is not a constitutionality they're depriving us of. We're allowed to petition, but they're not obliged to listen and act how we want them to.

13. Then there may be a good chance we can lose the drug war for rec. use, but if they ignore medical then that is sad.

14. We've been making some incredible progress recently. Why are you giving up because government is corrupt?

And of course they ignore the medical benefits, that's why it's still a schedule 1 controlled substance, a substance that has no medical benefit.

15. So they ignore the ones for weed but Obama commented on building a death star? Just make sure when you vote you vote with marijuana in mind. 

16. Pretty sure they did that to purposefully to spite us