Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

please reply fast, is it safe to tell people where i live

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by frequent flyer, Dec 12, 2003.

1. such a simple question causes so much controversy

2. I live in a little teeny-weeny dinky town with a population of about 2.5K people. And, as I'm the only person in the entire town (probably the entire county) that drives a VW Microbus, it'd be easy to pinpoint me. So I don't feel comfortable telling everyone the name of the town I live in, if only because we're so small. But I have no problem letting people know that I'm in Southwest Michigan (Berrien County), about 2 miles off of Lake Michigan, about 15 miles north of Indiana.

3. id say theres more chance someones picks you out of a phonebook and just goes to your house than looking for you here..

i mean whos gonna go cross country just to surprise someone they dont know with a visit... murderous intentions or not...

4. Umm, speaking from the point of view of a person that knows all the in's and out of networks and how IP routing works.....

If you really know what you're doing, you can pinpoint just from the IP address. You don't need to contact the ISP to find out "who has" that address.

Edit: It should also be known that this isn't the easiest thing in the world, but it can certainly be done.