Please read, your privacy is at stake!

Discussion in 'General' started by Doormouse, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Entertainment Consumers Association (ECA)

Please take the time to send an email to your rep. to say no to CISPA.

It's basically a rehash of the SOPA act except this time they want more. They want to constantly gather your private messages, your internet browser history, YOUR PURCHASE HISTORY(any growers out there will know how badly this could screw you)

I also have this posted in legalization and activism if you lose the thread.

PLEASE TELL ALL YOUR FRIENDS TO SEND A MESSAGE TO THEIR REPS

I can not stress how bad this legislation is.

2. Can't they already gather private messages etc? A few years back I was involved in something that was going on with this crazy chick. Bottom line is she threatened to beat the shit out of me and she supposedly knew all these gangs and whatever bullshit came out of her mouth. She was a small ass chick so I thought nothing of it, well one day the cops came to my door with a print out of conversations between her and I as well as other people, apparently one dude was actually scared and told the cops so they were looking for people to testify. I didn't because I knew she was just some bullshitter but there it was in front of me, a printed list of all the facebook messages I had with this chick. Interesting shit man. From that day I kinda just assumed that they could do that if they needed to.

Either way I am obviously gonna be against anything that infringes on my rights to privacy. I just don't understand how some of these people think..like the constitution clearly says I have the freedom of speech..but oh wait, that freedom of speech doesn't exist when you are on the internet...we can censor you there.. Like what the fuck?

3. Well, the cops have the authority to ask for your calls and messages history and most social sites have this privacy policy paragraph which states that they have the right to give da popo your hollers

4. Once this sort of thing becomes public knowledge, it's already to late.

5. I don't know if this is in the website but they also don't need a warrant. And if they search you most likely will not know if they had searched. This is like sopa but worse.