.:|Please Read|:. Yeild question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by TheJiveTurkey, Nov 7, 2005.

1. Alright... I've done about a month and a half's worth of research on everything needed to grow indoors. I'm planning on doing a 1200wat hydro room. I'm using two 600wat MH's for veg, and 2 600wat HPS's for flowering. I have two light movers for the both fo them and air cooled reflective hoods. The entire room is lined with mylar, and im doing a bio bucket system with all the correct fertz and what not. I'm thinking it'll hold around 8-10 plants, not sure yet. But I was gonna start construction next weekend. I got the idea of growing from this link here. Note that it sais this strane yeilds 500 grams!!! And now, I just saw a post that put a pit in my stomach. It said asked your average yeild was, and like the highest amount was 50 grams as your option for the poll. Is this link of mine a false advertisement, or could getting 400+ grams per plant be achieved with the growing conditions I have for my plants.

2. Like everyone here will agree...

You dont know until you do it.....an each yeild will be different.
    only after several crops will you be able to guessimate using a list of constants...

And still your crop can go from huge looking while vegging to paultry at harvest...
    some of the ugliest crops I saw yeilded the most weight....

lol....just do it....

3. 50 grams is def. not the max yield for any given plant... most of the growers I've seen that have "professional" setups (like the kind you're describing, not compact flouros or that stuff) get 3 or 4 oz per plant fairly easily. But 500 grams is a really high estimate, that's over a pound. I mean you can get over a pound under the right conditions but I've only ever seen that happen outdoors. Well good luck.

4. Do you actually have this equipment ? or is this just a Plan?
    Because you can yield that much for sure.. With the lights that you say you have.. How big is your Room (L.W.H)? are you using CO2 Gen. OR CO2 Reg??
    What Nutes are you using .Ventalation?. Whats the Relative and Ambient Temps and Humitdy? All these things play a very Important part in your Yield. Cant come out in the FIrst Crop and Expect to be growing The Fire!! Growing is the easy part .. YOu will learn that with TIme ,too.. Knowing your Crop and how it Grows. COmes with time .. also theres a HUGE difference in What is Harvested Wet and what is Left after the Drying and Curing Stages..
    the Weight will drop 30% or more once Dried and Cured...

5. The room itself is 7ft by 3.5 ft by 7ft. I'm covering the entire room with mylar, and i have two 600wat HPS's for flowering and two 600wat MH's for veg, , with air cooled reflecting hoods, and also with a light mover for them. I have a home made carbon scrubber, and a 4" Hurricane Inline Fan as my exhaust fan. I'm planning on having both the light reflectors hooked up to the carbon scrubber on one end , and hooked to the exhaust on one side, using a two into one air ducting converter. My intake is just a hooked pvc pipe connected to the wall, the pvc pipe to prevent lighting loss and rodents getting into the room, and im using the negative air presure method so i dont need a fan on the intake. My hydro system is decently simple, here is a diagram. I'm only going to use one 6 foot long tube instaead of the 4 considering i have a smaller room, but the rest of my system is pretty much identicale. It seemed to be the best system for such a narrow room. I havent got the fertalizers and shit down to a science yet, but im looking all that stuff up. Also I have a dehumidifier. I forget the specifics on the machine, but its perfect for this size of a room. I'll keep the humidity at 61% threwout the grow, and down to 21% the last two weeks before harvest. Im also thinking about scrog, but im not sure if its possible with the room dimensions. I havent looked into CO2, because i dont think i have the money for it this grow, but if it makes the buds and yeild that much better, i will. So thats the plan, i was gonna set it up this weekend, but after seeing the yeild poll i dont really think its worth having a grow room in my house, and having the liability of getting my house seived, if im not gonna get the yeild i want. So in these conditions, and the seeds i said i was gonna use, do u guys think a pound per plant+ its possible for me to get the yeild that seed bank link said i can.

6. on the website it says 350-500 grams/m2. Witch means that probably doing a scrog with 50w/sqft+ proper nutes temp and hydro setup you could probably get the 500grams per meter squared(9sq ft). But ive seen single plants close to the 500 gram mark but they were vegged and trained for a long time.

7. When you say vegged for a long time, how long are u talking about. And are you just simply holding your plant in veg for a long time, or are you like vegging, then flowering, then vegging again ect. please explain. Also what do you consider "proper nutes". ive looked around and theres alot of differnt nute combonations.

8. With 2 600 Watts you can get about 1 kg (dry). Place 20 plants underneath.

My Veg stage is 5 days (sometimes 4, sometimes 6) but I buy clones (no seed) then I will bring the light to 12/12 (they will grow the first two weeks a bit more) My flowering stage is about 7 weeks (depends on the heat) Cut them and let them dry for 6 days. This is the proffesional way of growing (quality is less important, quantity is the most important thing) They will only accept the white species here so I use an easy to grow white PP.

For everyone who grows to smoke, don´t use this method, please grow on soil and give it time.

With a 1200 Watt you need to take care of the heat and don´t put you´re lights on moving rails, it´s a waste of money.

good luck

9. Why do you say light movers are a waste of money? From what i've hurd they really do there job.

10. Then why do proffesionals don't use them?

You spread the light over too many plants (once heard an English guy say he head 400 plants ubder 6x 400 Watts (he was complaining about his small buds)

Just make sure the light reaches all you're plants and get the maximum out of these plants (will give you at least the same yield but likely more then with an expensive rail and more (expensive) plants wich you have to feed your expensive nutrician.

Save money 3 times and get the same or more yield.

11. I Was Checking Out That Website And The Seeds Are Cheap Tell Me If Thier Any Good Once You Get Started.