Please read and help

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by stonermofo, Mar 19, 2009.

1. if a rooted clones is in the rockwool cube and i placed it in hydroton in a bubbler bucket system on 18/s lighting, should the water in the resivour be submerging the whole wockwool cube????????????? or should the water be slightly at the bottom the the ube wso when you touch the cube it is woist but not soaking????????????????? i have posted the same question 3 times and no one answers me ?????????

2. I don't do hydro but everything i have read just, enough to get wet. The roots will grow down to the water. Hope that helps

3. ifs its a newly rooted clone keep the water at the bottom of the net pot until u get a lil root system going then move the water down to an inch under the net pot

4. so the rockwool cue should never be moist??????? hmm thats weird

5. no the rockwool should be a lil moist not soaking though u want the root to go searching for water and if the cube is too moist it will delay the roots from growing. u can have the water at the bottom of the net pot and the bubbles will hit the cube and it will suck up the moisture also u can top feed for the first 2 weeks until u get a strong root system....are u sure u have done enough reaearch to start a hydro grow

6. #6 ZomgWead, Mar 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2009
    this belongs in the advanced forum, with all the other hydro stuff, so that may be why you've had shit luck with the replies.

don't submerge more than the bottom 1/4 of the cube. there won't be any room in the rockwool for oxygen. you any the cube moist/damp at all times, but never soaked. roughly at the point where if you picked it up, it wouldn't pour water, but if you pinched it, it would. hope that makes sense.

as mentioned, top feeding until the roots start to fill out the hydroton is a good idea.

7. thanks everyone i guess ill let a lil more water out of the res,... =)

8. no. do not submerge the cube. You will have root rot before you know it. Are there roots coming out of the cube? Or did you just put a starter plug into a larger cube? The roots need to be able to intake water and oxygen and if all the roots are in a big soggy cube, your growth can be slowed. I suggest your water level be just at the bottom of the net pot so the splashing of the bubbles keep the hydroton wet. The roots will be able to wick up the water/nutes they need through the rockwool and from the hydroton and still be in an oxygen rich environment. i'll check this thread later if you have any questions.